Chapter 52

I was stood outside Percy's hospital room sitting a chair just watching people enter in and out. I had been sat there for most of the morning just scared to go in. I didn't know if he was awake yet and I was scared to ask anyone. I knew he woke up briefly on the transport over, but they said it was only for seconds and he probably wouldn't remember.

I watched the last doctor that went in come out and I couldn't sit still in my seat. Everything in me wanted to get up and go in there, but at the same time I couldn't imagine having to face him. He had to hate me, the last thing he probably wanted to see was me. I didn't know if he okay, waking up without an entire arm had to hurt.

I stood up and just threw any caution in the wind. I just needed to see him and know he was okay. If he never wanted to see me again then so be it. I walked across the hall and took a heavy breath before pushing the door open. My eyes instantly shot to the bed across the room and the body in it.

I was met with a pair of green eyes and I froze unsure if I should enter the room. His facial expression was completely blank. My eyes tore away from him for a moment to see the metal arm that was where his arm was before. It looked really nice, but I know that wasn't necessarily something that mattered right now.

"Can you pass me that." He said bluntly with little inflection.

I looked to where his good hand was pointed at the small class of water next to him on a table. I stepped into the room without a work and I grabbed his water and passed it to him. He took it and knocked back almost the whole glass. He handed me the glass and I set it back down on the table.

"How are you feeling?" I asked timidly hardly knowing how to use my own voice.

"Like I'm missing an arm." He said looking away from me.

"What happened?" I asked sitting down in a chair beside his bed.

"I don't remember entirely, it's blurry." He said shaking his head. "I was fighting and it just happened, one second it was there the next it wasn't. I blacked out as soon as it happened and I woke back up on the ship for a little."

"You woke back up on the ship?" I asked.

"For maybe a minute or two. Kylo was trying to stop the bleeding and heal me, but I see it didn't work." He said letting his eyes fall in his lap. "I woke up this morning and found this."

"It's supposed to be the best arm they could have given you." I said trying to be a little positive.

"Astra that doesn't make me feel any better." He said looking at me with an eye. "Your boyfriend will probably send me out the airlock now that I can't be his perfect pupil anymore."

"Percy, he's not my boyfriend. You'll get used to your arm over time, it's just new right now." I said worriedly. "Your not going to be training under him anymore anyways."

"Why is he angry that I kissed you?" He asked sounding pissy.

"He doesn't know. He doesn't need to know that's just going to make things more complicated than they already are." I said firmly.

"Good, he has enough to hate me for." He said.

"Percy he doesn't hate you." I said trying to convince him.

"Well I'm being relieved of training so clearly he wants nothing to do with me." He said shaking his head.

"He wants you to rest." I said.

"Then why is he stopping my training all together?" He asked.

"Because he doesn't want you to be in danger like that again. He knows this isn't what you want to do anyways." I said.