Chapter 18

He handed me a hot cup of liquid. It didn't look familiar, but the minty smell coming from the cup was enough for me to take a sip. It warmed my body instantly and I thanked him as he sat next to me on the end of the bed. It was all one room so the bed was visible from the small kitchen nook.

"What is this?" I asked taking another sip.

"A ginger mint tea." He said watching me. "Do you like it?"

"Yes." I said In a small voice as I nodded my head. "What happened with Hux?"

"One thing at a time." He said slowly. "How is your head? You had a nasty cut."

"I'm fine." I said shaking my head. "What do you mean?"

"You had to get stitches on the back of your head, you cut it open I'm assuming during the explosions." He said. "It's probably still numbed up."

"I don't feel anything." I said shrugging because I didn't. I just scrubbed my head and I hadn't even noticed so whatever they did clearly worked.

"Good." He said nodding.

"What is going on, what is going to happen?" I asked. He took a deep breath before responding.

"It worked, but we need to be careful from here on out." He said turning serious. "Everything has gone to plan and they believe it was an attack by The Resistance, but now they want to launch an attack on them."

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"Well I can't say no because that will look suspicious. They've been made to look like they just killed our leader. I have to be the next one to step up and take control." He said looking away from me. "This is something that has just launched us to fast forward this war."

"What is that going to do?" I asked warily.

"Things are about to get very dangerous. The Resistance has the fire power to give us a run for our money. We have to move bases and change locations so that the Resistance can't track us. Granted they don't have the power to, but now The First Order thinks they do." He said turning to face me. "I know your training isn't finished, but as my apprentice you'll need to be with me. I don't want you to stop training, but it's going to raise suspicion if I don't put these matters first."

"What about my training, how long does it take to finish?" I asked.

"A lot more time than we have, not to mention we need to figure out what to do with your powers." He said.

"I don't know what it is, I black out every time I use it. I don't even know what it does, it just works." I said shrugging.

"That's what worries me. We can look into it more, but you need to be ready to fight at all times." He said and I just nodded. I don't think I was ready for this. We barley had more than a few months of training. I was in no shape to handle a full blown war.

"Okay." I said nodding my head, but I couldn't even begin to pretend I was ready for something like that.

"It's not okay Astra." He said getting frustrated as he rose to his feet. "You could get hurt."

"So what?" I asked. I wasn't going to rub it in because I understood he wasn't exactly in control of his actions before, but being hurt was frankly a normal for me. Especially around him.

"Enough." He said sharply putting his hand up.

"Don't get upset with me, it's not like I asked for this to happen." I said standing up.

"I can and will get upset, you're my apprentice. You're not ready for something like this." He yelled.

"Then train me, or convince Hux or whoever to keep me back. If you're as in charge as you say you are just do it." I said.