Chapter 23

I was stirring in my sleep and I could sense a pain growing in the side of my temple. I was a growing pressure that pulled me from my slumber suddenly. I twisted and turned to try and shake it off the pain, but it only grew stronger. I felt my head grow with pressure and suddenly I wasn't asleep anymore. I wasn't even on the Finalizer anymore.

I opened my eyes and found myself in the forest. I was in some sort of stone cave. The rain was beating down around the outside of whatever structure this was. I walked closer to the entrance and I was only met with the sound of the weather growing louder. It was a bad storm from what I could see, thunder rolled every few seconds, but I fortunately couldn't see any lighting.

I was in different clothes than I was used to wearing, but it was insanely humid and warm where ever we were so I was thankful I was in lighter clothes. I watched the rain as it fell, it was getting heavier and heavier as each moment passed. I saw two figures emerge from the surrounding greenery. I instantly recognized Kylo, but what I didn't expect was to see Percy following behind.

They were running towards me trying to get out of the rain. They were also in different clothes than I was used to seeing either of them in. They ran into the cave I was standing in. They were soaked entirely from head to toe as they came into the dry cave. They were clearly out of breath when they came jogging in.

"They've got guards around most of the perimeter, but I think we found an underground bunker that could lead into their main base." Kylo said while still panting.

"You guys were gone 3 hours, you said 1." I said clearly sounding worried. I was in my body, but I was not in control of it, I was rather just viewing it from my eyes.

"That's my fault." Percy said wiping the water from his face. "We got stuck in between the guards and some scouters. We had to take the long way back. That's how we found the bunker."

"Well then what are we going to do with the bunker?" I asked.

"I'm going to get into contact with Hux, but I don't think we'll be able to call for help. Calling in our army will just cause them to realize we're here. We're gunna have to work alone." Kylo said walking past me further into the cave. He walked over to the fire that crackled behind me.

"Kylo there's three of us and thousands of them." I said turning to face him. His back was towards me as he walked away. "We can't do it alone."

"Well we're going to." He said flipping around sounding aggravated.

"Kylo you've got to be kidding, I think that is insane." I said almost laughing because he had to be joking.

"I didn't ask what you thought." He said before turning to the fire.

He knelt in front of it and I just stood there in awe at his reaction. I saw Percy walk up beside me and he placed a hand on my shoulder. He gave me a look of pity before walking over to the fire. They took off the outer layers of their clothes and laid them out near the fire. I crossed my arms and turned away. I walked back towards the entrance of the cave and plopped myself down on at the entrance.

I huffed and sat down with my legs crossed. I could see the rain hitting in front of me. I wanted nothing more than to walk off and cool myself down, but this weather was way too bad. I was stuck in a cave with two people I wanted nothing to do with. Both of them had pushed me to my limits these last few days.

I was tired and stressed and they had done nothing except make it worse. I didn't want this anymore, not with them. I was scared and the two people I thought I trusted and could confide in seemed to be pulling away from me. They had grown cold and frankly harsh. I didn't know why or what I did, but I couldn't help but take it personally. Percy was my best friend and Kylo was... well something different, yet more.