Chapter 20

I woke to the rustling of things in the bathroom. I sat up in bed and looked around the room. It was dark again and I had covers pulled over me. The lights had been turned off and the only lights I could see were from under the bathroom door. I couldn't hear much except for the water running.

Just as I was sat up he walked out in his night clothes. His hair was wet and untamed when he came out. A burst of steam left the bathroom as he walked out and his eyes shortly found me. He didn't have a shirt on and I was trying to divert my eyes before I upset him again for today.

"Did I wake you?" He asked.

"No." I stated knowing I was lying. "What time is it?"

"I'm not sure, I just got back. It hasn't been dark long." He said pulling a shirt on over his chest. He wore a long black sweater much like the one I had worn last night. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." I said nodding.

"Go get changed for bed, we have an early flight." He said walking into the kitchen area. He pulled a glass down from a shelf. "There's clothes in there for you."

"Okay." I said getting up thankful to get out of these clothes.

They were still comfortable, but somehow that nap made me even more tired. I walked to the bathroom and the wave of humidity smacked me pretty hard. I saw a pile of folded clothes and I shut the door behind me. I changed out of my clothes and into the new pair wanting to just lay back down.

They were a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt that fell to my thighs. I wasn't usually a fan of shorts, but I wasn't going to complain. I left the bathroom and shut off the lights leaving me to a dark room. I could see well enough to find my way to the bed. Kylo was still in the kitchen making some sort of drink in the single dim light overhead.

"Hux received your friend about an hour ago." He said not even raising his head to look at me.

"Are they suspicious of anything?" I asked knowing he really stepped out of line to get Percy back for me.

"They think it's peculiar that they are denying killing Snoke, but where they may lack in power they make up for it in tricks. They always have a plot planned." He answered. "We're fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked him worriedly.

"Calm down, Hux is ready to fortify the Finalizer to keep us safe. That's why we have to wait an extra night, they want to make sure we get back." He said.

I nodded and lifted my hand to touch the back of my head I had a small headache forming in the back of my bed. My fingers flew over the skin and I felt the small stitch that was in my head. I pulled my hand away and figured there was nothing I could do.

He walked over and handed me a mug of another warm liquid and it was another glass of the same drink he'd given me this morning. I took it and thanked him softly before taking a large swig. The drink warmed me right up and I sank back into myself. He drank his own drink as he sat next to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm okay. Nervous." I admitted.

"Why? What makes you nervous?" He asked looking down at me.

"I don't know, I just worry we missed something along the way. I just don't know what's about to come." He said.

"I'll be with you for all of it." He said and I looked up for my eyes to meet his.

"Why?" I asked.