Chapter 29

I was rushed onto a ship moments after waking up. The new base had been rushed to be complete. We were on the way to the new base and I was excited to see this place because I know they had been working hard on it. I was sent in a separate ship than Kylo because he needed to stay an extra day on Onderon.

I get the impression that he was looking over my fathers new weapon. I wasn't in favor of it obviously, I didn't trust the man much less giving him power to control a weapon of such a size. Kylo did however make the comment in passing that it wasn't looking very hopeful.

I wasn't happy about it, but I wasn't going to complain. I was just thankful to get away from that planet. It was suffocating me more than I'd ever want to experience again. I was sent with a few stormtrooper squads and they left me to my own. I wandered throughout the ship a little bit, but it wasn't that big so it didn't take long. I eventually found my place in the back end of the ship near the escape ships.

It was a weird place to be, but it had a lot of mechanical panels and engines down here and it was at least something to do while we went on this hours long journey. I was over an hour deep into this travel before I ever saw anyone. An officer eventually came down looking for me in the lower decks.

"Astra Tano?" I heard from the other side of the room. I turned around looking away from the panels. "I'm going to have to ask you to step away from the escape panels."

"I'm not leaving." I said softly honestly taken back by that name. "I used to work on ships like those all the time, its just interesting to me."

"I see," He said. I noticed he was quite younger than most of the other officers. He had a young face, but surrounded by the attire of a man. "Supreme Leader just made it very clear you were to be under constant surveillance."

"Well then you guy haven't been doing a very good job." I said laughing because I'd been alone for hours. "Listen, he's got a million different things to worry about. You don't have to worry about me."

"I hope not, it'll be my head if something goes wrong." He said nervously but he cracked a small smile.

"You're a greenhorn aren't you?" I asked crossing my arms and leaning back on the panel.

"Is it that obvious?" He asked sheepishly. His hand scratched the back of his blond head of hair.

"Yes." I said chuckling. "You look much too nervous."

"It's just a lot of responsibility and he's horrifying." He mumbled.

"He's a character, he's not as scary as he seems." I said shrugging.

"I guess that's one way of looking at it. He's still pretty scary. You should have seen him in the cargo bay hold this morning. He almost took off the Onderon commanders head." He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Lux Bonteri?" I asked.

"Yeah, he was going off all morning about something to do with his daughter, but the Supreme Commander wasn't having it." He said and I didn't answer right away. I didn't want to make it any more obvious that he was my father than I had to.

"Interesting." I said flatly trying to not let him on.

"Well he's asked that you watch over a prisoner until we get to the base." He said and two storm troopers came into the room holding Percy. I stood up straight as he came in looking calm, but surprised to see me.

"Very well." I said keeping my eyes glued to him.

"Well have guards outside the room if you have any troubles." He said with a small smile.

"Thank you." I said and the three turned to leave the room. "What's your name?"

"Hunter." He spoke softly almost taken back by my question.