Chapter 41

We walked back into the hut around sunset. I had never fully calmed down from Kylo's reaction so I had all eyes on me as I entered. Everyone was sitting at the table eating what seemed to be dinner. I quietly sat down at the table next to Percy and started to eat whatever was in the bowl placed in front of me.

It was painfully quiet as we all sat and ate our food. I could feel eyes burning at me, but I tried my best to just ignore it. I felt the same sensation that I had gotten whenever Percy would try and talk to me before, but I could feel him blocked by my wall. I looked up to him for a second before letting my head fall again.

I ate as quickly as possible and I got up from the table before everyone else. I walked out the door and sat down on the chair outside the front door. I wanted to go on a walk, but I knew that wasn't even in the question. I brought my knees to my chest and I watched the last of the sunset reach the horizon.

The two moons came from the other side of the desert. I felt the temperature drop by the moment and it was a relief from the hot sun. I could hear faint murmurs from inside of the hut behind me, but I didn't bother listening to any of it. Most of it sounded like Fiona and Nigel, but I couldn't be bothered to hear it.

I prayed Kylo would leave me alone. I knew especially after today, I'd have to sleep with him. Under a normal circumstance I'd prefer it, but after today I just want my peace. I frankly didn't want to be around Percy either. I knew what he saw scared him. Especially since I came back battered and dead silent, I knew he wanted to check on me, but I just didn't want to talk.

My thoughts were cut short, but Fiona stepping outside into the cool air. She looked down at me and walked over and sat down on the ground next to my chair. She didn't speak for a long moment, but she eventually let out an exhale.

"You lied for Nigel." She said looking out into the desert. I didn't respond I just looked down to her and back out to the horizon. "Why?"

"Kylo has a temper I'm used to." I said straightly. "I don't want him to take it out on Nigel when he was genuinely trying to help."

"But he told you to go alone. It was his fault." Fiona said adamantly.

"No one forced me to go. It was my choice to listen." I said truthfully.

We sat in silence as she exhaled. She seemed to be frustrated almost and I was almost under the impression she wanted me to rat out Nigel. She just seemed bothered by something, like she couldn't sit still. I looked to her and her head snapped to me. Her eyes wouldn't sit still as he almost struggled to get her words out.

"That was really kind of you." She said almost sounding uncomfortable. "Thank you."

"He saved us from a confrontation. Thank you." I said looking at her.

"Maybe you aren't as bad as I thought." She said with a sigh. I raised an eyebrow, but as I went to answer, Percy stepped outside and looked at the two of us. He didn't look happy, but he looked at me with shifted eyes.

"Fi, can I have a moment?" Percy asked and I was confused by the sudden nickname.

"She's all yours." She said getting to her feet and eyeing Percy as she went back inside. I gave him a very confused look as he watched her leave.

"Since when are you guys on a nickname basis?" I asked him as he stood by where Fiona was sat previously.

"Astra you know why I came out here, don't dodge it." He said frustratedly. I looked away and but the inside of my lip.

"I'm fine Percy." I said shaking my head not wanting to have this conversation. Not right now.

"What did he do?" He asked forcefully.