32

Jimin goes into the front office early the next morning. He got an email from Mr. Dunlap the night before saying he needed to talk to him.

Jimin walks into the principal's office and sits down in the chair. "Good morning, Mr. Dunlap."

He smiles. "Hello Mr. Park. How is it going with the new kid?"

"It's going well. He already has a friend in the class and so far there haven't been any problems. He's very sweet."

"That's good to hear. Um... I just had a quick question about something. Your old residence contacted me to tell me that you were moving and your new address..."

Jimin's heart sinks. He gulps and clears his throat. "What about it?"

"It's the same as one of your students. I was just wondering what that was all about."

Jimin lets out an uncomfortable sigh. "Well, I'm close with my student's sibling."

"I'm afraid I don't quite understand."

"Sangjun's older brother. I'm close with him."

"How close?"

"Um... very close." He looks at the floor and his heart starts beating faster.

The principal huff. "Tell me what you mean by 'close'."

"Well... You see... It's funny, actually–"

"Just tell me."

"... I'm dating him..."

"Oh. You could've just said that in the first place."

"What? You aren't going to fire me?"

"Why would I?"

"Because I'm gay and this is the South and usually people don't like gay people."

"First of all, I don't care. Second of all, that would be workplace discrimination. I'm not homophobic and honestly, I could tell from the moment I first saw you."

Jimin lets out a sighs of relief. "Oh, thank god. I thought I was about to lose my job."

-