Chapter 8 - Kara Danvers (Zor-El)

Kara was used to her morning routine. Even though she woke up late today, she quickly used her super-speed to run around he apartment to get ready for work.

Kara then began running to Noonan's to get her boss, Cat Grant's coffee. It was a nice sunny day, and she thought it was a pity that she had to rush to work.

Kara was bumping into people everywhere, and found it funny that she could fly over all the morning rush in the streets, but she still had to bump into almost every single person on the sidewalk.

Kara finally reached Noonan's, and asked the shopkeeper for 'Ms Grant's usual and a cappuccino' and waited for 2 minutes. When Kara then got the coffee, she glanced at the clock and thought that she would be late if she did not hurry up. 

While Kara was hurrying out of the coffee shop, she didn't notice the 'caution: wet floor' sign on the floor. Kara was running out of the coffee shop, and as she ran, she slipped and began to fall. While Kara was falling, she was thinking she was having the worst day of her life. First she woke up late, which would have been fine on its own. Then she had to deal with an extra-crowded morning rush, as if everyone in the city decided to go on that one street at that one time. Now, she was falling, slipping on a puddle of water. She would need to go back home and change now. 

While Kara was caught up in her thoughts, she didn't even notice that she did not fall. She was caught. She looked up to see who had caught her, and she saw a cute boy wearing sunglasses.

"Be careful." The boy told Kara.

"Sorry, I just wasn't looking where I was going. Guess I was just in a rush to get to work." Kara said.

The boy then chuckled.

"Sorry, did I say anything?" Kara asked, getting nervous. 

"No, you just remind me of, well, me." Barry said.

"How so?" Kara asked.

"Well, it seems like you are in a rush, I'm guessing that is because you woke up late. Just like I used to. Based on how annoyed you seem, I am guessing you think you are having the worst day of your life, and you attribute that to the rush hour." Barry said.

"Wow, how did you know that?" Kara asked in amazement.

"Lets just say, I got mad skills." Barry joked, "anyway, I have always been a slow person when it came to running, in school I would get bullied for being a nerd, but I couldn't run away from the bullies because I was too slow. Speed has always been my problem, but anyway, sometimes the best thing you can do is slow down."

"Wait a minute," Kara said, "you got bullied?"

"Yep. I wouldn't have made it through school if it wasn't for Iris. She would protect me all the time and because she was the prettiest girl in school, everyone would listen to her." Barry said.

Kara noticed that Barry was a little sad while he talked about Iris, so Kara decided not to talk about Iris.

"Well then, I'll see you around. I gotta get to my job, its my first day, and I want to make a good impression." Barry said.

"See you around." Kara said.

Kara simply stood in place while Barry walked away, before realising she didn't get the boy's number. Kara decided to call Alex and tell her about the cute boy she just met.

While Kara was dialing Alex's number on her phone, she could have sworn that she felt a blow of wind in her face. She also thought saw some lightning when the wind passed. She really was having a wierd day.

"...yeah, he had these green eyes that I could get lost in and he was smart and wise. I mean really wise. He gave me some advice and stuff. I can't believe I forgot to ask for his number." Kara ranted on the phone, before she was interrupted by Alex.

"Looks like my baby sister is crushing on a cute boy!" Alex interupted Kara's rant.

"I never said I had a crush on him, I just met him!" Kara exclaimed.

"Mmhmmm. Yep. Got it." Alex said sarcastically.

Kara was then fed up with Alex so she hung up and went into the elevator to go up to the floor where she worked.

The second Kara entered the building and x-ray visioned the area to see if Cat Grant, her boss, was in the room, Kara instead saw someone that she was not expecting to see.