Chapter 43 - Date gone wrong

"How do I look?" Barry asked Cisco, who he had called over, for the hundredth time that night.

"You like great." Cisco said.

"You said I looked amazing last time. Should I change into something else?" Barry asked.

"No! If you even think of going back in that room I will vibe you to the center of the sun." Cisco said.

"Ok. It's time then." Barry said, looking at his watch.

"So where are you taking her?" Cisco asked.

"Alessandro's. The Italian place that opened last week." Barry said.

"I'll leave now, in case you, you know, hook up tonight." Cisco said.

"Dude we're just going on a date." Barry said.

"Well I'll go anyway. I have a date too." Cisco said.

"Yeah? With who?" Barry asked.

"Kamilla. Just for dinner and maybe some breakfast after that." Cisco said, scratching his neck.

"Let me know how it goes." Barry said.

"What? Y-you mean you want to know how our sex goes? Oh gee Barry. I know I'm like your best friend and stuff but I don't know..." Cisco began to say.

"I mean the date. Let me know how the date goes." Barry said.

"Oh that makes a lot more sense. You too." Cisco said, before vibing away.

"Come on, I've talked to her before." Barry muttered, before knocking on Kara's door.

"Hi!" Kara said, immediately opening the door.

"She has been waiting at that door for like an hour now Barry." Alex said.

"Oh god, did I come late?" Barry asked, checking his watch. "I'm so sorry, I thought we were meeting at 7." 

"Oh no, your good Barry, Kara's just been really nervous." Alex said.

"Alex, shut up." Kara said.

"You look... really beautiful. Like not the way people just say in dates because they have to. You look amazing." Barry said.

"Are you saying that she doesn't normally look amazing?" Alex asked.

"No! No, I just mean that like she looks especially beautiful today..." Barry began.

"Alex, shut up." Kara said again.

"So, should we get going?" Barry asked.

"Where?" Kara asked.

"Alessandro's. Unless you don't feel like eating Italian today, in which case we could go to Cheng's for some Chinese food. They are both right next to each other, so it's really no biggie." Barry said.

"Italian will be great." Kara said.

Once Barry and Kara reached Alessandro's, they saw ashes everywhere.

"What?" Barry muttered.

"Il forno è esploso, c'era fuoco ovunque. Tutto è bruciato." A woman making explosion signs with her hands said.

"Qualcuno è morto?" Barry asked, surprising Kara.

"No, siamo usciti tutti." The woman said.

"What just happened?" Kara asked.

"An oven exploded and burnt down the whole place. Nobody died though." Barry said.

"So what should we do now?" Kara asked.