Chapter 20 - Superclone

After Alex explained to Kara that there were many more aliens on Earth than previously thought, Kara and Alex were back on good terms.

Alex started training Kara to fight. In order to make the fight more fair, Alex used a kryptonite power dampener on Kara.

"You may have powers, Kara, but so do most of the aliens on this planet. Not only do they have the element of surprise, but they have also had time to master their abilities. We may not always know who our enemies are, so we need to be prepared to face anyone. Now, come at me." Alex said.

Kara ran towards Alex with her fist ready to punch, only to be blocked and pushed away. Kara then tried another punch, this time with much more power, but her hand was caught by Alex, and was pulled to the ground.

"You are relying on your strength without any technique. When you fight someone stronger than you, you need to fight with your mind, and not just your muscles." Alex criticised.

Kara then charged at Alex, but Alex side-stepped, before pinning Kara to the wall.

"Okay. I get it." Kara said angrily before leaving the room.

"Why couldn't Barry just train me?" Kara muttered.

Kara began walking back to CatCo, where she saw Barry with a coffee in his hand walking in the same direction.

"Hey. That's not Noonan's." Kara noticed.

"Yeah. Remember when you asked me to get hand-pressed coffee from Peru?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, Ms Grant asked for it." Kara remembered.

"Well, I actually ran to Peru to pick coffee beans and make them." Barry said.

Kara began laughing.

"So y-you ran all the way to Peru for Ms Grant's coffee?" Kara asked, not believing Barry.

"Yeah, I mean getting there took a few seconds, and making it took about 20 minutes. It was fun. Besides, I now have about 50 litres of hand-pressed Peruvian coffee, you should try it some time." Barry said.

Kara then remembered that Ms Grant said that the coffee was 'electrifying.' 

"Did you by any chance use your powers to cook the coffee beans?" Kara asked.

"Yes, I shot it with a bolt of lightning so it heated up." Barry said.

"Ohh. Ms Grant said the coffee was electrifying. Wonder if she meant that literally." Kara said.

"Maybe." Barry said, before laughing.

"What?" Kara asked.

"Imagine if Cat becomes a speedster." Barry mused.

"Oh my. That would be an interesting twist to our lives." Kara said.

"Anyway, we should head to work." Barry said.

At CatCo, Kara asked James about where he was yesterday.

"I was here." James replied, not looking up from his work.

"Patrick said that you left early when I asked him if he knew where you were. So did Squidward." Kara said.

"Ask Spongebob, he saw me leave." James said.

"No, I believe you. I just want to know where you were." Kara said.

"Planning a surprise for you." James replied.

"Okay. What is it?" Kara asked.

"Would it be a surprise then?" James asked.

"Fine. Have it that way. I need to check if Ms Grant needs anything." Kara said.