Chapter 29 - Kara's Alive?

As Barry and Kara went to the Fortress of Solitude, where Barry told Winn, Alex, James, and Clark to meet, he explained things to Kara.

"So you are an alien from the planet Krypton, and this Earth's yellow sun gives you extraordinary powers, by powering up your cells. The people we are meeting are your friends and family. Winn is your best friend, he would stand by you through everything. James is your boyfriend, and he is also part of our little crime-fighting team. Alex works for a government agency, and helps us out sometimes when dealing with rogue aliens, but we like to work alone mostly. Your cousin, you call him Kal-El, is also a superhero like you." Barry caught Kara up.

"And what about you?" Kara asked.

"I also have powers, but I am not a hero like you and your cousin. I wear a mask and stay hidden in lightning. I don't inspire people to be better." Barry said. As he said that, he thought about a conversation he once had with Oliver Queen. Oliver thought the Green Arrow couldn't inspire people, and Barry agreed. The Green Arrow couldn't, but Oliver Queen could. Maybe Barry Allen could inspire people, not as a superhero, but as a real person.

"I don't believe that. You saved my life for Rao's sake!" Kara said.

Barry smiled at this. Not just because Kara believed in him, but because Kara said 'Rao.' Her memory was returning, and while it may take years, progress was being made.

"So you ready?" Barry asked, as they reached the fortress of solitude.

"Yes, how do we get in?" Kara asked.

"You lift that." Barry said, pointing at a large golden object that was the same size as a slot in the fortress.

Kara lifted the key was if it was nothing, before inserting it into the slot.

Inside the fortress, everyone Barry had called was waiting, except for James.

"Barry your normally always on time, why did you call us?" Clark asked, still annoyed that Barry wouldn't go back in time to save Kara.

"I brought someone." Barry said, showing Kara to everyone.

"Yeah, we know you made a robot to keep her identity a secret." Alex said, she was the only one who didn't know Kara's real identity. Alex and Barry were the hardest hit from Kara's 'death.' Barry managed to hide the pain, but Alex just drank her problems away every night. J'onn, or Hank, as everyone but Clark and Barry thought, allowed Alex her time to mourn.

"Alex she's not a robot. I'm the streak of lightning, lightspeed. I can make constructs out of energy, and that's how I made the fake Kara. But this is the real Kara." Barry said.

"But if you went back in time, why wait so long to bring her back? Couldn't you have spared us all the pain?" Clark asked.

"I didn't go back in time. When we were having her funeral, I replaced her with a speed-force construct, and took her to my house where I brought her back to life." Barry said.

Alex then enveloped Kara in a hug, and Kara hugged back, gently, as Barry said she should hug everyone gently except her cousin.

"I'm sorry, are you Alex?" Kara asked.

"Of course!" Alex said.

"Ok." Kara said.

"Barry, why doesn't she remember who I am?" Alex asked.

"Memory loss. I caught her up on a bit, but it might even take a few years until she is the same person we knew." Barry said.

"It's okay, Kara, how about we go out for some coffee, all of us?" Winn asked.

"Yeah, of course. On the way you can explain what coffee is." Kara said.

"I remember doing that the first time." Alex said laughing, as Kara, Winn and Alex left the fortress, while Barry and Clark stayed behind a bit.

"So you took Kara away from the funeral, stopping her path to Rao's light. Then you set up your own hospital to try saving her, not telling us for weeks, keeping the secret from us." Clark summed up.

"I know it sounds bad, but I couldn't deal with the loss of someone else I cared about. I had to keep the secret because I didn't want your hopes getting up unnecessarily." Barry said.

Clark then enveloped Barry in a bone crushing hug, whispering words of thanks to Barry.

"You know how you said you couldn't love again?" Clark remembered.

"Yeah." Barry said.

"I think you can. This just showed that. The amount you cared for Kara, not willing to accept her death shows that you have the ability to love. Despite probably being the wisest person in the multiverse, I think you are lost when it comes to love." Clark said.

"Wisest in the multiverse huh?" Barry asked.

"Yeah. You told me you trained in that entity called the speed-force for thousands of years. I can imagine it would give you a perspective on life or something." Clark said.

"I guess. For now let's go get coffee with someone who should be dead." Clark said.

Sorry about the time it took to update. I speed-wrote something else during my block, and while I was sleeping, I got ideas. 

Vote and comment on temporal anomalies in the book, thanks!