Chapter 32

"You must tell us Elsa, what is Pitch planning?" North asked, or more like demanded. Everyone's eyes were on her anxiously waiting to hear about Pitch's plan. "Wait, wait. I want to know what happened with the Man in the Moon. Elsa, you died and came back to life, that is what we need to talk about, don't you think?" Anna said taking her sister's hand.

She seemed reluctant at first, but then nodded. Everyone turned his or her undivided attention to her once more as she began to tell the tale. "I don't want to talk about what happened in the Nightmare land, it was too painful. The only part that matters now is the part where Jack came to rescue me." She said smiling up at him.

"Pitch was relentlessly cruel to both Jack and I. He captured jack and promised to kill him if I did not consent to marry him." She continued, but her words sent the room in to an uproar. "Marry him! Oh no say you didn't!" Anna cried. "You can't be married to the Nightmare King!" EB said in shock.

Elsa sadly dropped her head. "I agreed to say the words, but my heart was not in it, so I don't acknowledge it. I had to save Jack." She said lifting her head once more to look at him. Anna put her arm around Elsa. "Of course a forced marriage doesn't count. What a monster." She said shaking her fist angrily.

"Once we said the words Pitch tried to kiss me, that made Jack angry and he broke free of his restraints." She said. EB clapped Jack on the back and said, "That a way Mate." And gave him a wink. "Pitch was angry, he pulled out a dagger and was headed towards Jack, I jumped between them and Pitch stabbed me in the chest." Elsa said touching the middle of her chest where the dagger had been.

Anna gasped and held Elsa tighter. "All I can remember thinking when it happened, was how surprised Pitch looked. It was like he felt guilty that he killed me. It didn't make any sense, but then everything went dark." She said saying the words slowly realizing she was narrating her own death.

"When I opened my eyes I wasn't in Pitch's palace anymore, I was in the woods of Arendelle. I was so confused, it was night, and I was all alone, the only light came from the full moon above me. Then, out of no where I here this voice say, 'My little Luna.' And when I looked up, there was a man floating down from the sky!" she said with an amazed smile.

"You met the Man in the Moon?!" North said astonished. Everyone's eyes were wide and Olaf's mouth was hanging open. "Yes, I did. He came down and landed just a few feet in front of me. It was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen. I admit I was scared at first, I had no idea who he was." She said honestly.

"What did he look like? What did he say?" North prodded her with questions. Elsa surprised them all when she let out the first laugh they had heard in a while. She covered her mouth but couldn't stop the laughing.

"Sorry, it's just the Moon is such a big thing, and he was quite small. He couldn't have been more than four a half foot high. He had on a sharp yellow suit and tan robe, and a red bowtie. He carried a staff, with a crescent moon on top, and he was mostly bald, besides a few long hairs that somehow stood on end in the shape of what looked like a question mark?" she said letting out another laugh.

Before she could start again North let out a bellowing laugh, and then everyone in the room had a chuckle as well. "Oh Manny, not as I pictured you, but somehow just right." North said wiping a tear away as he looked out at the moon. "The way he looked at me, it was like he knew me already. He spoke again, calling me Luna. You can see why I was confused?" she said with a smile.

"I told him that my name wasn't Luna, it was Elsa, and he just smiled and shook his head. Then he walked right up to me and put his hand on my forehead. His touch felt like a warm sensation running down my body and I closed my eyes and it just came to me, I remembered everything. It was like watching my life be played out in front of me. When I opened my eyes, I knew who I was." She said looking to Anna.

Anna hugged her tight and said, "We'll always be sisters." And Elsa hugged her back even tighter. "Of course we are. There's nothing in any galaxy I've seen like you Anna." She smiled. "So, you remember everything?" Tooth asked accentuating the word 'everything'. Elsa nodded, "It would be a lot to explain right now. That's a story for another time." She said with a wink.

"Anyway, once I remembered everything we just sat down right there and we talked for what felt like hours. We laughed and joked and it was wonderful. I was having the best time until I realized, I was dead." She said with a frown.

"So, I told him all about you Anna, about our life here in Arendelle, I told him things he already knew, he sees everything you know?" she said looking towards the moon. "And then I told him about how much I loved Jack." She said looking back towards Jack, her eyes now a little misty.

"I told him how you saved my life. How you made me feel strong, when all I knew was weak. I told him how much I would miss you, and how I hoped that my death wouldn't always cause you pain. I didn't want you to blame yourself; none of this was ever your fault. I asked him to watch over you, and to find a way to make you smile again." She said a tear running down her face. Jack's eyes were blurry too now with tears, and everyone in the room seemed to be holding back tears of their own.

"And then he told me, he could make you smile again, by sending me back." She said another tear hitting the floor. "I know some part of him wanted me to stay there with him forever, but an even bigger part wanted me to be happy, and he knew there was no way I could ever be happy with out you." She said looking in to Jack's blue eyes.

"So he said that if I was going to go back, then I should be prepared for what was going to come. This battle with Pitch, it has everything to do with MiM (man in the moon) it always has. However, he hasn't been able to defeat him because he is too powerful and Pitch is trapped here on Earth." Elsa said wiping her tears away.

"Pitch is waiting for the precise moment, when MiM is at his weakest. In three days there will be a lunar even that has not happened in 372 years. The moon will be completely gone from the sky almost all night thanks to a lunar eclipse coinciding with the winter solstice." Elsa said and Tooth gasped.

"You mean we won't be able to see Manny?" she asked looking from Elsa to the moon. Elsa shook her head and said, "And he won't be able to see us. Earth, the Moon, and the Sun, will all be aligned that night, and since the Winter Solstice is the longest night of the year, especially close to the artic like we are, it will be night for almost a full 24 hours." She said gravely.

"That means Pitch will be his most powerful, for almost a full day." EB said his eyes wide. "What do we do?" Jack asked. "We can't stop the night from coming, but getting everyone to believe in us would be a good start. We need to talk to the people of Arendelle and let them know we have a plan. Their fear will only make him more powerful. Those who wish to fight with us will be given weapons; women and children should be kept here in the castle with a small armed guard. Then, we fight off Pitch's army and hold out for the sunrise." She said with a nod.

"Sounds like my kind of plan." EB said punching a fist in to his hand. "I only wish our army was bigger." Elsa said with a sigh, but North smiled and pulled out the ram's horn. "No need to worry about that your highness. When we were on our way to Santoff Claussen to try and wake you, we found the allegiance of some scorned dwarves who would love nothing more than to destroy Pitch." North smiled giving her a thumbs up.

"That's great! We will need all the help we can get. However, I do think that Pitch will underestimate us." She said with a smile. "Why do you think that?" Jack asked raising a curious brow. "Because he doesn't know I'm alive." She smirked.

"I might have lost faith in myself while in the Nightmare Land, but now that I'm back, I'm feeling stronger than ever..." she said as she lifted her hand towards the corner of the room, twirling her finger in a circular motion, she began to create an ice sculpture in the shape of Pitch. "...so let Pitch come, this time, I'm ready for him." She said finishing the sculpture she sent a burst of icy energy towards it and it crumbled in to nothing by powdered snow...