Chapter 35

Elsa had never been more happy in her entire life. For a few brief moments she let the world fall away and enjoyed the moment. She and Jack here engaged now; she would be his wife. After many hours of celebrating late in to the night, they all agreed they should get a little sleep before the morning. As much as she wanted to be close to Jack that night, the wanted to be with her sister as well. Jack, being the gentleman he is, offered his place in bed to Anna and slept in a guest room instead.

Elsa and Anna didn't do much sleeping however. They laid in bed face to face and whispered excitedly about the wedding until their eyelids were so heavy they could hardly keep each other's gaze. When they started to hear the morning birds they finally fell asleep. A short time lady they were awakened by a banging hard on the door. Elsa sat upright quickly, hitting Anna in the process, causing her to also wake with a start. "What, what is it? Who's there?" Elsa called out. "Elsa, it's Jack. You've got to come see this!" Before she could ask him what he was talking about she heard him running down the hall.

Anna and Elsa scrambled out of bed and out the door. They ran down the hall in their night gowns, no time to change. Everyone was gathered in one of the lounge rooms where the balcony overlooked the courtyard. They were all crammed through the door way and on to the balcony. Elsa could here whispering and see them pointing. "What is it? What are you all looking at?" Elsa asked as she approached, a few people moved so that she could slip through them to the front where Jack stood. "What is going on?" Elsa asked but Jack only pointed down in to the courtyard.

Elsa's eyes grew wide as she saw her courtyard was filled with what appeared to be tiny little, people? "The Dwarves came in the night." North said, almost impressed as he looked down at them. They had not just come, they had set up camp! There were tents all over the courtyard, what appeared to be a blacksmith area where a dwarf was smelting weapons, and even a cooking area where she could only assume female dwarves were cooking.

"Wow, how did they get here so fast?" Elsa asked, but no one seemed to have an answer. She stood there a bit dumbfounded like the rest, when one of the dwarves for some reason looked up and saw them all standing there. He tugged the sleeve of another Dwarf, the tallest of the group. He cupped his hands around his mouth and called up, "Aye, Queen Elsa care to join us this morning?" in a gruff sort of rude tone. Elsa was a little startled at his words but called back. "Oh yes, of course. Just a moment!" and scurried back inside.

"Ok, let's get changed and then we are all going down." Elsa said as she started back towards her bedchambers. "I'm sure he wants to talk strategy your highness, should I go down ahead?" North asked with a shrug. "Yes, yes North I think that is a good idea. I'll be down at once!" she said then turned and ran down the hallway to her bedchamber.

A few moments later Elsa, as well as the rest of the group were making their way downstairs and out in to the courtyard. When the doors to the palace opened the first thing that greeted them was the smell. It could only be described as the smell of body odor, roasted meats, and urine. Elsa did her best to hold her breath and smile, but the smell was almost too pungent. The Dwarves barely came up to her waist, but they terrified her. They looked dirty and mean; all grunting and spitting as they went about their business. The blacksmith looked up as she walked past him and she was taken aback by his empty eye socket.

Jack took her hand in her's and squeezed it. "Don't worry, they're quite tame." he joked poking her side with his free finger. She smiled and squeezed his hand back, giving him a wink. As they approached the assumed leader, his right hand man bowed in her presence, but the leader did not. The right hand Dwarf seemed embarrassed by his commander's actions, or lack there of, but Elsa was not concerned with pleasantries.

"I appreciate your promptness,..." she trailed off not knowing what to call the Dwarf. "Grot." he said extending a large calloused hand. Elsa was unsure at first, but she did not want to seem rude. "A pleasure to meet you Grot. I'm -" she started again but he interrupted her. "Queen Elsa. We know. Our King sent us. You mean to battle the Nightmare King." he said, his lips curling in to a smile at his own words. She nodded, "Yes I do. I intend to win." she said confidently. He smiled wider, "With Dwarves on your side you will! Nothing is strong than Dwarf iron. All these men have fought and won many battles." he said proudly.

"I assume you want to talk strategy?" North said piping up from the back. The Dwarf shrugged, which surprised North. "When he attacks, we attack back." he said simply. This made Elsa uncomfortable as she had her own people to worry about. "I appreciate your enthusiasm Grot, but I believe it is important to discuss a plan. I have townspeople to protect you know." Elsa said as politely as possible. Before Grot could respond there was a great rumbling and the earth seemed to quiver.

Some of the Dwarves pulled weapons and Jack put and arm out defensively in front of Elsa. All the armor, pots, and pans were rattling as the thundering sound got closer and closer. "What's going on?" Anna cried as she ducked behind Kristoff, who only sighed and said, "Oh no..." Elsa barely had time to look back at Kristoff before she saw what appeared to be rocks rolling towards her. As they approached the courtyard they all bounced up in the air and then landed on their feet with much pizazz.

"Trolls!" Grot growled as he waved his sword. The Trolls cheery faces faded in to ones of anger, and some fear as they surveyed the courtyard. Kristoff ran towards him, and in between the Dwarves and Trolls. "Kristoff what's this!?" One of the Trolls yelled. "Now, now, let's just all calm down." Kristoff said. "We won't fight along side Trolls!" One of the Dwarves cried and others joined in. "Well we won't fight with Dwarves!" one of the Trolls retorted and others of his race joined in with his cry until the courtyard was full of yelling.

Kristoff was doing his best to quiet the Trolls but they were too busy shouting at the Dwarves who were swearing and shouting back at them, waving their weapons. "This is not good." North said, and Tooth appeared to be hiding behind his beard. "Hey, hey, enough!" Jack tried to yell, but not one was listening. This was getting out of hand. Elsa could feel herself becoming angry and the cold in her fingers began to tingle. "Enough!" she cried throwing her hands and icy blast shot out of her fingertips like a firework and exploded with a bang, causing it to rain down snow all over the courtyard. Between the noise and the snow the Dwarves and Trolls found themselves at a loss for words.

"Thank you." she said, slicking a piece of hair back behind her ear trying to compose herself. "Now listen, I know you all might not get along, but we do have a common enemy. If we don't stand together against Pitch, he is going to destroy everything. All of our homes. We are the only people who can stop him, and I need all of your help to do it. So can we put aside our differences, even just for this battle, and work together?" she asked looking at the leader of the Dwarves, and the leader of the Trolls. Grot still had a scowl on his face, but she could tell what she said had spoken to him.

He gave a grunt, and the leader of the Trolls gave a nod. "Thank you Grandpoppy." Kristoff said quietly as he walked over and extended a hand to the Dwarf leader. Grot stared at his stone hand for a moment, and then took it, give it a firm shake. "Thank you both." Elsa said with a smile and Jack placed a proud hand on her back, giving her a wink. "Now, if you both would like to go inside, we can talk strategy now?" Elsa asked with a smile and they both agreed. Elsa looked back over her shoulder and called out to Kristoff. "Kristoff can you see that the Trolls get settled in?" she asked and he gladly agreed.

"I'll help!" Anna said with a smile running back to Kristoff. Elsa nodded but kept quiet. She was glad that Anna would not be in the strategy room as she had not told her yet that she would not be fighting. It was too dangerous and she could not losing Anna. She was sure that Pitch would try to hurt her any way he could, and Anna would be too tempting a bait. She would put up a fight, Elsa was sure of that, but she'd lock her in the cellar if that is what it took to keep her safe.
The End

Hello! Happy_Reader099 here just want them to say thank you for reading this story. Sorry if some words were heard strange is because I do not write well in English. Thanks for everything!

From : Happy_Reader099