Chapter Three

(Y/N’s POV)

I am shaking so hard.

“Come on, Y/N. You can do this.” I told myself and I checked on my reflection.

Soyeon dropped me off at Soul Music then left for her classes. Ever since then, I couldn’t stop being so nervous. She told me I was going to do well. After all, I’ve been preparing for this for months. Now, I’m afraid of wasting all the time I used to practice for this opportunity to come.

Letting out a sigh, I got out of the bathroom and made my way towards the auditorium, where the screening will be held. There were too many people. Recruits, staff, and the media reporters conversed among themselves. It feels as if the noise is getting louder by the minute, making me even more nervous.

“I saw Hyeri on the way here. I guess she really is back!”

“Is Heyri part of the panel for today?”

“I heard 3racha is also part of the panel!”

3racha?

Oh, no. I’m doomed.

(Chan’s POV)

“I heard Hyeri is back from New York.” Jisung stated, not looking up from his phone.

“Hey fame skyrocketed the moment she set foot on the U.S.” Changbin added. I could feel their eyes on me even though I wasn’t looking.

I sighed and turned my chair to them. “If you want me to say anything about her, I have nothing.”

Jisung shrugged and continued to play on his phone. Changbin, however, was still looking at me.

“What?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“It’s been, what? Two years? Are you still not over it?”

“I am over it. Way over it.”

“Then why do you have that look in your eyes?”

“What look?” He was starting to irk me. Where was he getting with this?

He sighed, “Your eyes look pained whenever we mention her name.”

I fell silent at his words.

Hyeri and I dated way back then. To be exact, we dated for 5 years. Little did I know, she was already cheating on me on our 4th year together. She cheated on me for 2 years and I was either too fucking dumb to realize that or I was too blind to see it.

I got up from my seat and headed for the door.

“Chan-“

I cut Changbin off. “No, I’m fine. I just want to get some air.”

“What’s wrong with the air here?” Jisung asked, looking up from his phone.

I chuckled at his silliness. “It’s just a bit suffocating. I’ll see you both at the auditorium.

I let out a shaky breath after closing the door behind me.

He got me again.

I was about to walk away when a voice called my name out.

“Chris!”

Turning around was probably the most horrible decision I’ve done today. There stood Hyeri with her manager. She still looked the same, except for her hair which she grew god knows how long. The same hazel eyes that used to look at me with affection have now become unfamiliar with me. She still looked the same, yet she seemed foreign to me.

“Hyeri…” I trailed off as I watched her smile.

That damned smile that got me in trouble too many times back in the past. I’m not falling for that again.

“Junseok, you go ahead. I’ll go with Chan.”

Her manager was about to leave when I spoke up. “No. Hyeri, you should go ahead. I have to buy coffee first.” It was a horrible excuse, I know.

“Then I’m going with you. Go on, Junseok. I’ll see you later at the auditorium.”

I sighed, hiding the frustration away as Junseok walked off.

Hyeri giggled, crossing her arms. “What? I don’t get to talk with a friend?”

“No, it’s not that.”

“Then what is it?”

“Why are you back?” I blurted out without even thinking. Fuck.

She hummed, as if in deep thought. “Ms. Jang desperately wanted me back. She said she’ll take care of my contract. Apparently you’ve become quite the troublemaker for not letting other artists sing your songs, therefore damaging your image.”

“So she thinks I’m gonna let you sing them?”

“Are you not?”

I laughed my head off, “That was a good one.”

“Chan,” she added, reaching out to place her hand on my shoulder. “You might think it’s ridiculous now, but I know I’m the only one who could save you this time.”

Save me? Hell, you ruined me. You don’t even know how you’ve destroyed me.

I took her hand off of me. “You’re wrong. I can save myself. If not, I’ll find somebody else who will.”

“We’ll see,” she said with a smirk.

(Y/N’s POV)

“Let’s give number 56 a round of applause! That was a great performance. Next up is number 57!”

I took a deep breath and entered the stage.

Good thing the lights were bright. I don’t have to see how many people are watching me right now. All I need to worry about is how to nail the screening.

“Hello, my name is Y/N. Today I will be singing Joy’s ‘The Road To Me’.” I stated, wearing a big smile.

Okay. Here goes nothing.