Chaper Thirty

[Y/N's POV]

Seeing Chan standing right outside my door made me think if I was still asleep and dreaming.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned as I locked the door behind me.

"I'm here to pick you up." He grinned at me, waving his car key in the air.

I scoffed, "Uh, no thanks." I walked past him but he catched up to me.

"Look, I know you're still mad—"

"Oh you noticed?" I sarcastically spoke, cutting him off.

"—But i'm here to make it up to you" He finished, looking at me with a pleading look in his eyes.

"By what? Picking me up everyday?"

"Well, if you want me to, I could."

"What? No!" I exclaimed, raising an eyebrow. "That's not what I meant."

"I know what you meant. But please. Just let me make it up to you. Okay?" He begged, making me stop on my tracks. "Look, if you're worried about the press, I'm an expert at avoiding them."

I gave him a look that screams 'are you kidding me?'. "Expert? You literally made me appear on the news."

"Well," he started as he guiltily scratched the back of his head. "I may have messed up at that part..."

I shook my head as I sighed in defeat. "Fine. Let's go."

His face lit up in delight as we walked together to his car. He opened the door for me, which was really sweet but I still a bit pissed so I won't let that show on my face. He got in the drivers seat and instructed me to put my seatbelt on.

Unfortunately, as cliche as it sounds, the seatbelt was stuck and I was having hard time trying to pull it out. Chan watched me as I struggle and opened his mouth to talk.

"Let me—"

"No. It's fine." I cut him off and continued to pull it. "What is wrong with this thing?" I hissed as I checked slot, trying to see if something was stuck.

Suddenly, Chan's hand came out of nowhere and pulled the seatbelt from the slot with ease. I turned my head, only to have my lips inches away from his cheek. I held in a breath as my eyes widened in surprise.

"You were just pulling it too hard." He mumbled, as he strapped the seatbelt around me.

"Thanks." I managed to let out, earning a smile from him.

[Chan's POV]

"I actually bought you coffee." I spoke, gesturing towards the two cups of coffee sitting at the cup holders.

"Thank you." She smiled, grabbing a cup and taking a small sip. "French vanilla?"

"Your favorite, right?" I looked over to her as she fought back a smile and looked out the window.

I grinned at her cute reaction. I turned on the radio to fill the silence of the car ride. "July" by Noah Cyrus just started playing and I found myself listening to Y/N's soft voice as she sang along.

"You know I, I'm afraid of change
Guess that's why we stay the same." She sang, bopping her head along the beat.

I decided to sing along with her when the chorus came.

"So tell me to leave,
I'll pack my bags, get on the road.
Find someone who loves you
Better than I do, darling I know."

We harmomized together. I looked over to see her smiling widely as she swayed with music.

"Cuz you remind me everyday,
I'm not enough but I still stay..."

The song ended pretty quickly as radio advertisements flooded through the speaker. I ended up just turning it off. We found ourselves stuck in silence once again. But this time, we felt much more relaxed and comfortable.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I really am. I know you're having a hard time understanding me. I always end up messing things up and making you upset even though I try not to." I explained, gripping the steering wheel hard.

If there was somebody who could make me swallow my pride and apologize, it would be Y/N. Nobody else. Just her.

"Apology accepted." She beamed at me reassuringly. "But that doesn't mean I will tolerate any more of your petty attitude."

I chuckled at her scolding but nodded wholeheartedly. "Yes, ma'am."

She laughed, "Good."

Not too long, we finally arrived at the agency. I decided to park at the underground parking lot to stay away from the lurking press. I made sure to park near the elevator so no one can see Y/N and me being together.

The car came to a stop and I cut the engine off. Y/N was about to get out but I pulled her back in.

"What are yo—"

I quickly shut her up by placing the face mask on her. I swiftly tucked the straps behind her ears then proceeded to put a black cap on her.

"Just because we're underground, doesn't mean we're safe from paparazzi amd stuff. We still have to be careful." I reminded her, wearing my own face mask and cap. "Wait here." I instructed as I got out of the car.

I ran to her side and opened the door for her. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "You didn't have to, Chan."

"But I wanted to." I reasoned, making her laugh.

We walked towards the elevator, sharing a small conversation, when suddenly flashes of light flooded our visions.

"Look at that. Who do we have here?"

—•—•—•—•—•—

IT'S STAYS BIRTHDAYYYYYY

I'm HYPED!!!

Stray Kids saved my life. They built me up with their music and love. And I'm happy to meet such beautiful and kind people because of them.

Tell me how much Stray Kids have changed your life in the comments.

—With much love, Kriss.