Chapter Thirty-Two

[Chan's POV]

As soon as we got back at company, Y/N stormed off without another word. And that's enough for me to know something was up.

Hyeri was about to walk away when I grabbed her by the arm. "What the hell did you do this time?" I demanded, glaring at her.

"Oh, me? Are you sure it's just me who did something wrong?"

"What?"

"By the looks of it, Y/N seems displeased with how close we were earlier." She smirked.

Ah, shit. How dumb can I possibly be? Now I have to apologize to Y/N all over again. Just when I thought things were getting better... Fuck.

I glared at Hyeri for the last time before walking away from her.

"Careful, Chan." She taunted, making me stop on my tracks. "You know how easy it is to ruin your own career with just a few articles here and there. I wouldn't cross that line, if I were you."

The audacity of this woman was beyond my wildest imagination. It makes me wonder why I even fell in love with her back then.

"Really?" I scoffed, turning back to her. " Then I'm guessing you won't do anything stupid enough for me to ruin your career. You, of all people, would know how I act whenever something angers me."

Her smirk vanished and was now replaced by a scowl.

"I wouldn't be crossing that line, if I were you." I returned the words, leaving her to her own messed up thoughts.

[Minho's POV]

"She is so infuriating!" Y/N exclaimed in utter rage, entering the room.

"Woah... calm down, tiger." I chuckled she sat down next to me.

" I can't believe she used to be my role model. She's rude, annoying, self-centered, and really bitchy!"

I have strong feeling it's about Hyeri.

"I hate Kim Hyeri!"

Ah, I was right.

I nodded, smiling in amusement. "What did she do this time?"

"Nevermind... let's not talk about it. I don't want to ruin my evening." She sighed, looking down at her shoes.

"If she told you that you won't win, we're going to prove her wrong."

She looked back to me, taken aback by my words. I smiled at her and gave her head a gentle pat. "You're going to prove her wrong. I just know."

"What's up, love birds?" Hyunjin greeted as soon as he arrived, making me jump away from Y/N.

He snickered at my reaction, rolling his eyes. "There's not point in that. I've seen everything I need to see."

I scoffed, "Seen what? Get your mind out of the gutter."

He laughed, shaking his head. "How you looked at my cousin was sweet enough for ants to feast on the both of you."

"What a weird analogy..." A deep voice replied.

"Felix!" Y/N beamed, waving at him.

He smiled and waved back to her. "Hi, Y/N. Ready for dance training?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "After countless of sessions, you just show up now?"

"Give me a break, hyung. I was a bit lazy but now I'm pumped!"

"Give you a break? Why don't I just break your bones, you lazy punk-"

"Okay, enough before you start killing each other." Y/N interrupted, standing up from the couch. "Let's start. Something inside me craves for winning this competition."

I nodded, admiring her determination.

Time to train Y/N the best way we could.

[Jisung's POV]

"Hyung," I spoke, suddenly remembering a very important information.

I was going to get killed for not telling them sooner.

Changbin and Chan hummed in response, not looking up from their laptop.

"About the security footage. I got it checked and they said it was tampered."

Both of their heads snapped into my direction, leaving whatever they were working on. "What?" They asked in sync.

"It was tampered with. A part of the footage was deleted and replaced. I was supposed to tell you a week ag-"

"A week ago?!" Chan exclaimed, abruptly standing up. "I could just smack you upside on the head right now."

I winced as he moved to hit me. But he sighed, deciding against it, which made me felt relieved.

"We have to catch the culprit soon. They might use our own music against us." He stated, sitting back down.

"Do you have any idea who might be behind it?" Changbin cautiously asked.

"No idea." Chan groaned, rubbing his face in frustration. "We have to act and think fast. Who knows what could happen..." He trailed off.

"What if Hyeri took it?" I mumbled, loud enough for them to hear me. "I— uh... I was just thinking out loud." I stammered, clearing my throat.

Changbin thought for a moment before speaking. "Well, she could be a suspect —"

"You make it sound like it's a crime." I deadpanned.

"Because it is. Are you seriously forgetting that theft is a crime?" Chan raised an  eyebrow at me. "If she really happens to behind this, I'm going to make sure it's going to be the end of her career."

Jeez... The last person you'd ever want to mess with would be Chan hyung. Even I'm surprised that I'm still alive after talking back and calling him a hypocrite just last week.

Kim Hyeri. She's becoming a handful lately. Why did she even come back in the first place? I'm sure there's more to it than just tormenting Chan.

•—•—•—•—•

Lmao. It's been a while since i've updated. Sorry for being a shitty writer. I just got a lot busier because of school. But I'll sure try to update more or at least give a lengthy chapter.

We just hit 3.45k reads and 431 votes! Thank you so much for supporting this story. I love y'all Stay safe, everyone!
—Kriss