Chapter Seven

(Jisung’s POV)

“So this is your Instagram?” I asked while scrolling through her page.

She responded with a nod while eating her Oreo parfait.

“You don’t post a lot. Why?” I asked before sipping on my strawberry milkshake.

“Ah, social media is bothersome. I only post once in a while.”

I nodded and looked at her pictures. I noticed a familiar face. Way too familiar that it annoys me to the core.

“Hyunjin…” I muttered unthinkingly.

She posted a picture of him, sitting across her in a café with a small smile.

“Oh, you remember him.” Y/N beamed at me. “That’s from when he took me to dinner when I failed another screening from a different agency. He takes me out to eat whenever I’m upset.” She explained as she clicked on the photo.

” She explained as she clicked on the photo

I fought the urge to scoff. “What’s so great about him?” I questioned in a sort of pleasant way. Is there even a way to  say that pleasantly? Whatever.

“Oh, he’s a good person. He’s always there for me and Soyeon. He’s also a great listener. We grew up together, that’s why we’re so close.”

“Is he you-“

I was interrupted by the sound of the bell on the door. A costumer walked in. To be precise, Hyunjin walked in.

(Y/N’s POV)

“Oh, Hyunjin. What are you doing here? Do you want your usual? You should’ve texted me first so I could prepare it before you came.” I stood up, surprised to see him.

He clicked his tongue and walked straight towards me. He then flicked my forehead. “You dummy. I called and texted you for countless of times already and you didn’t answer. I was worried something might have happened to you so I came here straight from work.”

“Oh, my goodness.” I mumbled and reached into my bag for my phone. I gasped as I was 26 missed calls and 43 messages from him. “Shit! I am so sorry. I kept my phone silent because of the contract signing. I must have forgotten to turn it back on.”

Suddenly, Jisung cleared his throat, interrupting us. “I’m still here.” He chuckled, eyeing Hyunjin and me.

“Oh, sorry.” I mumbled sheepishly and sat back down. “Anyways, what brings you here aside from worrying?”

“Read the texts, duh.”

“But I’m lazy. Just tell me.”

Hyunjin sighed and rolled his eyes. “Let’s go out for dinner later.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Again? Alright. I’ll text Soyeon.”

“Without her.”He deadpanned.

I heard Jisung choke on his milkshake. I immediately reached out to pat his back. “Are you okay?”

Jisung stared at Hyunjin for a long time. “Why just the two of you? Why won’t you bring Soyeon with you?”

“It’s none of your business. I can be alone with her whenever I want to.”

My head whipped so fast to Hyunjin’s direction. “Hyunjin!” I hissed at him. However, he ignored me and stared at Jisung.

“Why? Are you jealous?” He asked tauntingly.

Jealous? What the hell? Hyunjin’s my cousin for God’s sake! Did Jisung not know that? And why would he be jealous in the first place? Could it be…

“No, I’m not. And you’re right, it’s none of my business.” Jisung responded with no trace of emotions. He stood up again and gave me a small smile. “I have to go now. See you around, Y/N. And thanks for the milkshake.”

He left me with Hyunjin who was staring at his disappearing figure.

“Hwang Hyunjin, what the fuck was that?”

Hyunjin sighed, “People like him are too stubborn to admit their feelings even though it’s already obvious.”

“Feelings? What are you talking about?”

“And people like you are too stupid to realize that.”

Fast forward 4 hours later and we ended up not going out for dinner and just stayed at the café, talking to each other until it was time to close.