Chapter Eleven

(Y/N’s POV)

As soon as I stepped out of the building, I found myself falling to the ground. The impact didn’t hurt much since I fell on top of somebody.

“Fuck.” We both cursed at the same time.

I lifted my head to see Chan’s face, wincing in pain. My eyes widened and I got up as fast as I could. “Are you okay?” I frantically asked, helping him to sit up.

“You’re fucking heavy. Do you think I’m okay?”

If he wasn’t hurt, I would’ve hit him on the head.

“Why are you running anyway? Are you that eager to go home?” He raised an eyebrow, patting his clothes clean.

I was running away from Minho, and I should probably be running away from you as well. Your girlfriend just kissed another guy behind your back and I'm not going to be the one to tell you that.

I coughed. “No. Yes.”

“What?”

“I mean, I gotta go now.” I turned the other way and started to walk away when he pulled on my hoodie.

“What are yo-“

“come with me.” He deadpanned, pulling me by the hand towards the building.

(Chan’s POV)

Y/N got herself out of my grip when we entered an empty room. She sighed, “What do you want?”

“I want you to listen.”

“Listen to what?”

“What you saw back there in the studio isn’t what you think it is.”

She looked down, not saying anything.

“Hyeri and I broke up 2 years ago. There’s nothing going on between us now. We weren’t kissing back there. She was just joking around and pulled me by the collar.” I rambled on.

I don’t even know why I was explaining this to her, but I was so frustrated the entire day, I had to let her know.

“Why are you saying these things to me? I don’t need to hear this from you.”

We fell silent. She was right. She didn’t need any explanation, but when I met her eyes earlier in the studio I saw pain and confusion. Or maybe I was just imagining things.

I looked away from her and sighed. “I’m sorry. I don’t know why I’m saying these things either. I just thought… nevermind…”

The silence between us broke when a phone started ringing. Y/N looked down at her phone and gasped.

“Who is it?”

She didn’t answer me and picked up the call. “Uh, Minho?”

Minho? Lee Minho? What the fuck would he call her for?

“Yeah, I headed home…” She bit her lip, nervously.

“Sorry. Something urgent came up and I had to hurry. Let’s have ice cream another time, okay?” With that, she hung up.

“You’re lying.”

She looked up to me and bit the inside of her cheek. “I wasn’t lying. I had to hurry but you took me here instead.”

“How do you know him?” I questioned, clenching my jaw.

“He’s a friend and also my dance trainer.”

I scoffed. “He’s not a friend. He’ll never want to be just friends.”

(Y/N’s POV)

What was he so worked up about?

My head was starting to hurt from all the thoughts I had. After our “talk” Chan just left without another word. As if somebody pressed his “asshole mode” button.

I headed back home to take a very much needed relaxing bath.

“He’s such a prick.” I muttered as I playing with he bubbles in the tub.

“He’s not a friend. He’ll never want to be just friends.”

“Lee Minho isn’t someone you should be friends with.”

“He can’t have you. I will never let that happen.”

His words continued to echo inside my mind, making me even more frustrated.

“What are you doing to me, Chan?”