Chapter Thirty-One

[Y/N's POV]

"Look at that. Who do we have here?" A familiar voice questioned as flashes of lights went off.

I opened my eyes to see Felix and Seungmin trying their best to hold in their laughter. I glared at the  both of them as they started backing away from us.

"You bastards!" Chan exclaimed as he chased after them.

"We're sorry!" Both of them screamed, trying to get away from Chan.

I shook my head, laughing at the hilarious sight.

Not gonna lie, for a moment, I thought it would be the end of my career that hasn't even started yet.

[Chan's POV]

"You know, I was thinking..." Chan trailed off, turning his chair to me. "Maybe you should move out of Hyunjin's house."

"And where would I live?"

"In the dorms, duh."

Ah, right. The dorms. It's where most trainees live together together with the other idols. The thought of it was quite exciting. But I'm a bit skeptical about it.

"I don't know..." I trailed off, not sure of what to say.

"It would be fun! You'd get to hang out with the other trainees, make friends with them. And you'll be safer there. No crazy fans."

I eyed him as he blinked innocently at me. "You sound like a parent trying to force their child to make friends."

He burst out laughing at my statement. "A parent?"

I nodded taking a gulp of water from my bottle.

"Then does that make me your daddy?"

Fucking hell.

I almost spewed water into his direction but I quickly swallowed it. Bad idea because I found myself choking on water. I then proceeded to cough my lungs out like a total idiot.

"Oh, shit." Chan hissed, gently patting me on the back.

"Don't," I spoke as I recovered. "Don't ever say that again."

"Say what?"

"Daddy."

"Yes, baby?" He playfully smirked at me.

I felt my face burn up as he continued to stare at me with a thoughtful gaze. "You know, I could do this forever. Teasing you is really fun."

I rolled my eyes indignantly, "Yeah, I can see that."

"Anyway, you should think about it. It'll be safer there and more fun."

"More fun? Why? Because you'll be there?"

He winked at me as a response. What a flirt.

After talking a bit more, we decided to head out for lunch. As we made our way to the parking lot, Hyeri popped out of nowhere.

"Hey, are you guys going out for lunch?" She smiled at me.

I smiled halfheartedly back at her. "We are."

"Cool! Can I join? I'm starving and my manager isn't finished with his meeting yet."

"No—" Chan was about to decline but I nudged him with ny elbow.

"Sure." I nodded.

I know, I'm probably out of my mind for letting her join us. But sharing a meal together wouldn't hurt. Hopefully.

•—•—•—•

Okay, fuck. Maybe I shouldn't have agreed earlier. Because right now I feel out of place as they shared a conversation about their past.

"Do you remember that time when we went ice skating?" Hyeri asked, suppressing a laugh.

"Oh, god." Chan chuckled, "You were so bad at it. We ended up falling together!"

"And we even got matching bruises on our faces! People thought we got into a fist fight." Hyeri laughed and so did Chan.

I almost rolled my eyes in annoyance. Maybe I'm the one who shouldn't have joined them in the first place. Exes that ended on bad terms? Fuck that. They seem to be getting along just fine.

I was no longer eating my food, instead I was absentmindedly stabbing it with my fork.

"You okay, Y/N?" Chan asked, snapping me out of my trance.

I put on a tight smile and nodded. He then continued to talk with Hyeri, once again forgetting my existence.

"Those days were a lot of fun."

"They were." Chan smiled at her.

I wanted to gag at how they reminisced. Disgusting.

I've finally had enough, so I decided to excuse myself ."Excuse me. I'll just go to the bathroom."

Chan nodded, watching me as I left the table.

I continued to curse in my head as I entered the bathroom. I had no business in here or whatsoever. I just wanted to get away from them.

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to fix my composure. Sure, I dislike Hyeri. But I can't possibly show it to her. That would be rude.

A few seconds later, Hyeri came in. I smiled at her but she didn't return it.

"I'm going to head back now." I muttered as I walked out. Suddenly she pulled me back with my arm.

"You know you'll never win, right?"

I raised an eyebrow at her statement.

"May it be the the competition or winning Chan over, you'll certainly fail at both."

"What?"

Was she on drugs or something? Or am I finally seeing the real her?

"Stop acting so innocent. You're just using him for fame. Friends? Oh, please. A person like you could never be friends with a guy like him. Face it, Y/N. You're nowhere near his level."

Slapping her was the first thing I wanted to do but I decided against it. It's not going to be worth it. Even if I slap her, she's still going to be a bitch.

"So, tell you what, just fuck off. He was mine right from the start. And you can just kiss your dream, to debut, goodbye." With that she walked out of the bathroom, leaving me dumbfounded.

I laughed bitterly, biting my lip to prevent me from being too loud.

Funny how the friendliest smiles hide the bitchiest attitude. Guess what? Two can play that game.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—

*Sorry for the VERY late update! I had to take care of some stuff at school. Forgive me OwO