Chapter Thirty-Three

[Y/N's POV]

I groaned in pain as I stretched my limbs. It's almost 9 and we just finished training. According to Hyunjin, I got a whole better at dancing. I was really proud of myself. I'm proud of me. I know I did good. Gotta love myself sometimes.

I'm going home alone because Hyunjin was called to work the for a few hours his part-time job at a convenience store. I always scolded him for overworking himself but he would just smile at me and tell me not to worry. He was one of the reasons why I want to debut as soon as possible. I want to give him the good life that he deserves. When I become an idol, he'll finally be comfortable and wouldn't have to go to work anymore. I can finally pay him back for all he's done for me since childhood.

Minho wanted to take me home but one his cats got sick. Of course, he had to prioritize his cat over me at a time like this. I mean, I would probably do the same.

That leaves Felix, but the brat rushed home to play video games. No biggie. It's not like I rely on them to take me home. I'm used to going home alone. But maybe I wanted to hang out with them for a bit more time.

I sighed as I exited the building.

"Why do you look so dead?"

I yelped in shock as a voice from my left spoke.

"Chan?"

"Hi, how was training?" He smiled.

"It was..." I trailed off, but I realized I should be ignoring him. He took me out for lunch earlier but made me feel out of place, just because Hyeri was around. "Nevermind."

I was about to walk away from him but he pulled me back. "Y/N, please. I'm sorry. I should've known Hyeri did something to you back there. " He explained, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I sighed, "Fine."

He smiled in relief. "But if you make me feel like I don't exist again, I won't acknowledge your existence ever again."

"Isn't that a bit too harsh?"

"Seems like you don't know me at all."

He pursed his lips together and a tight smile. "Let's go out for drinks. My treat." He suggested, diverting the topic.

"Why?"

"To celebrate, of course! I heard from Felix that you did well at dancing earlier. I'm looking forward to see you dance onstage."

My face heated up in embarrassment. I will bury that guy alive.

Chan may have heard me sing, but he has never seen me dance yet. A little improvement doesn't mean I won't make a fool of myself in the future.

"Come on, Y/N. I promise I'll take you home after."

I guess I could use a few a drinks. It's been a rough week.

"Okay, okay." I agreed to stop his whining. He quickly hailed a cab and then we were on our way.

Now, let's just hope I don't get drunk and do or say stupid things that'll get me trouble.

[Chan's POV]

"To Y/N!"

"To me!"

We laughed as we clinked our beer glasses together.

"The competition is approaching. How are you feeling?"

"You sound like a reporter." She laughed. "But, to answer your question, I feel a bit confident. I mean, you guys are doing everything you can  to help me. I have to pay you back for all of that."

"You don't have to "pay us back", Y/N. The least you can do is do great out there and make us proud."

She smiled before drinking up what's left of her beer.  "Why aren't you drinking much?" She asked. "You look like you had a long day too. Did something happen?"

I wanted to tell her about the stolen flashdrive and the tampered CCTV footage. But I didn't want to damped the mood.

I shook my head, "Maybe you're forgetting I'm supposed to take you home. I shouldn't be drinking too much. But you, love, go right ahead."

"Suit yourself." She shrugged before asking the waiter to fill her glass again.

It didn't take too long for her to be drunk and to start ranting about wheel should be star-shaped not round.

"Like, wouldn't it be so cool? Seeing stars rolling around the streets." She giggled, cheeks tinted red.

"I don't think they'll function properly though?" I chuckled at her drunken state.

She glared at me with droopy eyes. "I don't want to hear negativity from you, okay?"

I shook my head, watching as she brought the glass up to her lips once more. I held her arm back and clicked my tongue. "No, hun. I don't think you should be drinking any more of this."

She sighed, letting me take the glass away. "You know... you confuse me."

I hummed, waiting for her to continue. She only kept looking at me. "I like your dimples." She randomly state, making me laugh. She then proceeded to poke my cheek, murmuring about cotton candy. I held her hand closer to my face, smiling.

"Okay, tiger. Let's get you home." I stated, getting up from my seat.

"Oh, already?" She whined as I helped her up.

She stumbled out of the pub and if I wasn't holding her up, she would've fell flat on her face.

"Jeez, Y/N..." I muttered, hailing a cab.

"Ow!" She yelped as she bumped her head, attempting to climb inside the cab rather clumsily. I almost burst into a laughing fit but I held it in. She's probably gonna gonna remember this tomorrow and would be embarrassed.

The ride was silent. Ah, who am I kidding? It was chaotic.

"Have you ever realized that if weights were invisible, a gym would turn into a slow-motion disco?"

"If you drop your soap on the floor, is the soap dirty or is the floor clean?"

"The only time the word 'incorrectly' isn't spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly."

The driver was giving us weird looks through the rear-view mirror and I could only mutter an apology to him from time to time.

Y/N was about to open her mouth to say another absurdity but I clamped it down with my hand. "Y/N, behave." I told her, making her laugh.

She removed my hand from her hand. "Oh, you're being bossy today. I like that."

"No, really. Behave."

"Or what? You're gonna punish me, dadd-"

I clamped her mouth down once again, looking at the driver who currently has widened eyes. "Sorry." I smiled sheepishly, bowing my head. I bet my ears are as red as a tomato right now.

Goodness, this girl is a handful when she's drunk. Remind me not to let her touch alcohol ever again.