Chapter Twenty-Eight

[Y/N's POV]

He's unbelievable.

Apologizing then being an asshole all over again.

"Tell you what, your apology is fucking useless!" I hissed to myself as I entered the studio.

To my surprise, Jisung was sitting down on the sofa while playing a game.

"Jisung," I squeaked out, afraid he might ignore me.

I was even more surprised when he actually responded back to me.

"Oh, hey. Were you talking to yourself earlier?" He asked, not looking up from his phone.

I blinked at his response. He heard me. Of course, he did. He has ears, Y/N.

"Oh, yeah." I let out a hesitant laugh. "By the way, I'm sorry about the other day. I talked to Chan. He'll clear things up."

He sighed, setting his phone down. With a blank look, he walked over to my spot. "I'm okay now. I understand that some things will never work out the way I want to and that's fine."

I bit the insides of my cheek, feeling a bit guilty. He liked me and I didn't acknowledge that. I felt bad for not sharing the same feelings. But it would only hurt him more if I faked my feeling for him. I wouldn't want that.

"Want a hug?" I suggested, spreading out my arms. "Because I could really use a hug right now."

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. I gave him a gentle pat, smiling warmly.

"But," He spoke, pulling away. "If Chan hyung does something stupid, tell me. I'll be the one to break his nose."

I laughed and nodded in agreement. I'd love to see him getting punched today. But since I'm in a good mood now, I'll just let it go.

"By the way, what brings you here so early? Doesn't rap lessons start in the afternoon?"

"Oh, that. I'm actually here for your vocal lessons. Chan asked me for a favor today and teach you." He explained with a smile.

I sighed in relief. Thank God. I wouldn't have survived being in the same room with him today. We'll just end up fighting again.

Before I could even ask for the reason for Chan's absence, a knock on the door interrupted my words. "Come in." Jisung answered.

Just then, the door opened a bit and a head popped into view. "What's up, squirrel?" He said with a playful smile. He looked like a puppy. Cute and cuddly.

"Yo!" Jisung exclaimed, immediately opening the door wider for the guy to enter the room. "Seungmin, it's been a while!"

The two of them continued to converse with each other, leaving me to feel like a freaking outsider.

I cleared my throat to indicate that I was still in the room. They turned to me in synchronization. "Oh, by the way, this is Y/N." Jisung introduced as I smiled at him.

"Cool. My name's Seungmin." We shook hands with a smile. "Anyway, I was just passing by. I thought Chan hyung was here."

"Come back tomorrow, he'll be here."

He nodded, "Well, I'm off-"

He was about to exit when Jisung pulled him back in. "No, no. Now that you're here, you can help me with something."

Seungmin groaned in response. "What?"

"Help me teach Y/N."

Uh, what? Heck no.

[Jisung's POV]

"That was perfect!" I praised Y/N as the song ended. "And Chan said he was struggling with you? Struggling with what? Being amazed?"

Y/N laughed as her cheeks slightly turned pink. "You guys did great in teaching me. Especially Seungmin."

"It was my pleasure teaching you." Seungmin bowed playfully, earning another laugh from Y/N.

"If you continue to do well in the next 2 weeks, you'll most definitely win against Hyeri." I stated as Y/N nodded understandingly.

"Oh, so you're the one competing against my sister."

Y/N's eyes widened as she took in his words. "Sister?"

"Yup, well half sister. We just share the same dad."

"Yeah, you didn't know?" I snorted mockingly.

She glared at me, "I just met him today. How was I supposed to know?"

I responded back to her with a shrug.

"If she's your sister, why are you helping me?"

"Oh, that's easy. My sister always wins."

Y/N slumped her shoulders down as she took in his words, the look of discouragement filled her eyes. I nudged Seungmin with my foot and gave him a questioning look. He waved me off as he continued to talk.

"Hyeri always wins. Just this once, I want her to lose. And you're the perfect opponent for that." He added with a smile.

Y/N looked back up to him with a smile. "Thank you."

"No problem. She's being too full of herself these days, it's a freaking headache."

We shared a few more words before we got hungry. "Anyone up for *samgyetang? My treat!" I announced as I stood up from my seat.

"Anything sounds delicious especially if I'm not paying for it." Seungmin stated making Y/N laugh.

•—•—•—•—•

*Samgyetang - ginseng chicken soup

•This is basically just a filler chapter, that's why it's uneventful and short.•