Chapter Thirty-Four

[Y/N's POV]

My head feels like exploding. I groaned in pain again as Soyeon shuffled around the kitchen, cooking breakfast.

"Nobody told you to drink your ass off, okay? Now you gotta suffer the consequences of your actions." She chastised, threatening to hit me with a spatula. "But I'm curious about one thing."

"What?"

"When Chan dropped you off last night, he was stuttering a lot and his face was really red. What did you guys talk about?" This made me raise my eyebrow. Did I say something stupid again? Or maybe did something that embarrassed him? Gosh, Y/N, can't you act normal for once?

I forced a laugh, "What do you mean? You, out of all people, know very well that nothing I say when makes any sense when I'm drunk."

She thought for a moment before agreeing with me. Luckily, I dodged her question but as the minute pass, I become more curious. Should I just ask Chan myself? I mean, there's literally no point in trying to figure it out myself. Whatever I said to him, I can just ask him again. That wouldn't be so bad, right?

But what if I said something embarrassing? What if I tried to make a move on him? But Chan wouldn't get flustered by those things, he tries to make a move every freaking time. So I must've said or done something beyond embarrassing.

I groaned, hitting my head against the wooden counter.

"Y/N, what the hell has gotten into you?" Soyeon asked in concern as she rushed over to me.

"What the heck have I done?" I hissed to myself.

[Jisung's POV]

Chan hyung has been out of it ever since he stepped inside the studio. Changbin hyung and I exchanged looks before calling for his attention. "Hyung, is everything okay?"

He snapped out of it, looking back at us. "Uh, yes." He stammered, attempting to cover his bright red ears.

"Did something happen? Why are you so flustered?"

"Nothing, just thinking about random stuff. It's not important."

Why do I have this feeling that whatever he's thinking has something to do with Y/N...

"Anyway, the competition is just a week away from now. Is Y/N ready?" Changbin asked, diverting the topic.

"One thing I've learned from training Y/N is to never underestimate her. That girl is very talented but she just refuses to acknowledge it. She just needs a little more push and we're all set." Chan stated, sounding pretty confident.

"You know, hyung, I'm just curious," I muttered, trailing off.

"About what?"

"We went through all of this just because you don't want Hyeri to sing our tracks. We even picked a newly scouted trainee to compete against her. We could've just picked another artist and had it got over with." I shrugged.

Chan hyung smirked, nodding his head. "True, we could've done that instead. But I wanted to put her in her place. Lately, she's been feeling as if she's better than anyone. She thinks she's better than me, better than us. So why not pick someone inferior to her to make her realize that someone, who only trained for a month, could beat her."

"But what if Hyeri still wins? Do we just throw away all of our efforts? What about Y/N? What would happen to her? It would crush her. We've set such high expectations and so did she."

"Jisung, have a little faith in me, yeah?" He smiled. "Y/N's going to win, if not then I'll take care of it. Y/N will be discovered and the world will love her."

I just hope everything will work out in the end. I'm really worried about how all of this will work out. We may not be doubting Y/N but it seems like Chan hyung has forgotten about Hyeri's capabilities. Her large fanbase, her connections with various companies, and the fact that she's one of the biggest solo artists in South Korea. With just a snap of her fingers, anything can be hers.

[Y/N's POV]

As much as I want to stay in and sleep all day, I have to practice.

"Bye, Soyeon. I'm off to training." I bid goodbye after putting my shoes on. "Text me if Hyunjin gets home from work."

"Take care and try not to puke on anybody." She reminded, eyes still glued on the television. 

I laughed, shaking my head as I closed the door behind me.

"Wow, you look like shit."

"Jesus!" I yelped in surprise.

"Nope, just me, Minho." He smirked. Well, excuse me if you look like a freaking god. It's kinda like the same thing...

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to fix myself a bit.

"Waiting for you. Did you drink last night? You look awful."

I glared at him, "I know, duh."

He didn't say anything after that and took my bag away from me. "We can just not practice today if you want. You might pass out if you push yourself." He offered, watching me with concern in his eyes.

Watch me simp for this guy, I swear to God.

I smiled at him, "I'll be fine, I can't rest now. I have to practice a lot, resting won't help me win the competition."

"If you insist, princess." He bowed, mockingly.

That earned him a punch on the shoulder.

[Chan's POV]

I wonder if Y/N will show up today. She must have a massive headache from all the drinks she had last night. I should buy some painkillers and a hangover soup for her...

I stood up and grabbed my keys.

"Where are you off to?" Changbin asked, looking up from his phone.

"Just going out to buy something. Do you guys want anything?" I asked, opening the door.

"Nope, you're not going anywhere." Hyeri countered, suddenly coming into view.

I grimaced as I tried to push her out of my way. "Move-"

"Miss Jang is looking for you. Again. Looks like somebody had a little too much fun drinking last night, yeah?" She smirked.

I glared at her before completely pushing her away and making my way to Miss Jang's office.

"He went out drinking? With who?" I heard Jisung ask as I continued walking away.

"Who else do you think it would be?" Hyeri snarled.

That little rat. She has a talent for getting on my nerves.

________

Oh, my goodness. I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR SO FREAKING LONG. And I'm terribly sorry. My mental health isn't doing so good lately and I'm still trying to fix myself. As much as I want to update regularly my constant breakdowns won't let me, plus the goddamned school works. I swear online classes are more tiring than actual physical classes.

THANK YOU FOR 8k READS! I'm so happy that you guys are still reading and supporting this story. I'm so thankful for all of you. Stay safe, everyone! I love you guys.

-your lazyass writer, Kriss