Chapter Eighteen

[Y/N's POV]

It was a silent yet pleasant ride.

Oh, who am I kidding.

It was awkward. Really awkward.

Chan was driving, I was riding shotgun while Changbin and Jisung are sitting at the back. Jisung was annoyed because he wanted to sit with me but Chan insisted I should ride shotgun. Chan was a bit pissed because of what Jisung was implying earlier at the studio. Meanwhile, Changbin has his ears stuffed with his airpods.

To break the silence, I decided to start a conversation with Jisung. "Jisung, want me to bring you cheesecake tomorrow?" I suggested as he sulked at the backseat.

I looked at him through the rearview mirror and found him glaring at the back of Chan's head. It looks like he's determined to burn a hole through his skull with just his eyes. I coughed out awkwardly and decided to look out the window instead.

God, my house isn't even that far from here. I could've just walked or taken the bus. But no, Chan had to drag my ass into his car and lock me up together with the three of them. Just perfect.

"How are you feeling, Y/N?" Chan muttered, glancing over to me briefly.

"I'm good now." I answered shortly. I don't feel like talking to him right now. I guess, I'm a bit upset because of the mess he got me into.

He sighed, "Are you mad at me?"

Oh, can't you tell?

I didn't answer and continued to look out the window.

"We literally just made up this morning..." He mumbled, seemingly frustrated.

Great, now I feel guilty. But he can't blame me for getting mad. Who on their right mind would choose a noob to compete against an expert? Not him, apparently.

"Y/N, were here." Jisung said, breaking down my wall of thoughts.

I nodded, took of my seatbelt and got out of the car. "Thank you for the ride." I mumbled, making a brief eye contact with Chan. He looked at me with a bit of desperation.

I glanced over to Jisung and Changbin with a smile as I bid them goodbye. "Rest well, Y/N." Jisung beamed at me before I walked away.

I remembered how Chan held me back at the studio. He comforted me when I, myself, didn't even know I was already having a panic attack. The thought of his hands on mine made my heart skip a beat.

"You can trust me."His voice echoed again and again in my mind.

I shook my head as I snapped myself back to reality.

No, it's never gonna happen. I will never agree to this.

[Chan's POV]

"Chan," Y/N boomed as she barged through the door.p

"What the fu—" I coughed out the curse I was about to say. "A simple knock would've been appreciated." I mumbled.

"I know. You're gonna say no. I get it. I'll just find another pe—"

"I'll do it." She stated, shutting me up.

"What?"

"I said, I'll do it."

I breathed a sigh of relief. Before I knew it, I was already hugging her. "Thank you! This means so much to me."

She smelled nice. I could just cuddle her to sleep.

My eyes snapped open at the thought. What the fuck was I thinking?

I immediately broke away to reveal a flustered Y/N. I cleared my throat rather awkwardly. "Sorry, I was kinda overwhelmed..."

Y/N blinked as she got out of her trance. "Anyway, I'll do it under one condition."

"Go on."

"I want Minho and Hyunjin to be my private tutors for dancing."

"Hyunjin, yes. Minho, no."

"Then I'm not doing it." She argued, crossing her arms.

She drives a hard bargain. "Do you like him that much?" I irritatedly asked.

"I don't like him." She glared at me. "He is a very good teacher. And if you don't want me to embarrass myself during the competition, you will let him teach me."

I clicked my tongue before sighing in defeat. "Fine. He can teach you. But, no sessions with just the two of you. Hyunjin has to be with you in every session. If Hyunjin isn't around, I will be."

She rolled her eyes, "What? Are you gonna get jealous or something?" She mumbled under her breath.

I chuckled, slowly taking steps towards her. She backed away instinctively. "Do you seriously want me to answer that?"

"W-what?"

"I said," I smirked as I moved my face inches closer to hers. "Do you want me to answer if I'll be jealous or not?"

[Y/N's POV]

"I..." I choked out as my face grew hotter.

My eyes unconsciously darted towards his slightly parted lips. He was too close, I could feel his hot breath fanning me. I bet he could hear how fast my heart is beating.

Without another word, he took a step back. "Remember. I already told you, Lee Minho can't have you. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you."

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, "Keep me? What do yo—"

Our conversation was interrupted when a familiar face entered the studio.

"Chan hyung," Felix's loud voice filled the room.

"Oh, Felix." Chan grinned as he walked over to Felix to hug him briefly. "How was Australia?"

"Lit, as usual." He chuckled, eyes darting over towards me. "Oh, hey, Y/N. What are you doing here?"

I was about to answer when Chan beat me to it. "We had important stuff to talk about." He explained, giving me a smile. "Right, Y/N?"

If I could just punch that smile off of him, I'd do it in a heartbeat. "Yeah." I replied with a fake smile. "I'll get going now. See you later at dance training, Felix." I excused myself.

Chan shot me a wink as I got out of the room.

That bastard. Why can't he just let me live?