Chapter Fourteen

[Y/N's POV]

I woke up this morning to find multiple messages from Chan. I didn't bother to open them, he's probably just apologizing for what happened yesterday.

Hyunjin insisted that I should stay at home for today and rest. He even called Minho to inform him. But I was too bored and the house was too quiet since Hyunjin had had to go to work.

I decided to head for the café and help around. Soyeon wasn't here because she's at the university. It's just me and my new coworker.

"You seem out of it... Are you okay?" Eunmi, the new girl, asked.

I smiled, "Not really. But I'll be okay. I just need to do something to distract me from my thoughts."

She nodded, still eyeing me with concern. "By the way, what happened to your arm?"

I consciously tried to pull my right sleeve to hide the bruise as I cursed to myself. I should've brought my cardigan with me. "It's nothing. I accidentally bumped myself against the door." I replied, trying to laugh it off.

I told her to check the inventory for lacking ingredients so we could place orders before we close the shop later. I was left alone at the counter to wait for costumers to come in.

I've been deep in thoughts since last night. I know there's something going on between Minho and Chan. And I'll find out what it is about, one way or another.

[Changbin's POV]

"You should see her." I stated, looking at Chan who was currently spacing out.

He's been out of it since this morning and Jisung was nowhere to be found. I figured he was probably sleeping in today.

"You're not gonna get anywhere with just staring at thin air, Chan."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "I've been texting her nonstop since last night, okay? She haven't responded at all."

"That's why you have to go see her. Apologize to her in person. Maybe she'll hear you out. And maybe you should tell her what's really going on between you and Minho."

"I can't do that..."

"Why not?"

"Look, even if I hate Minho, I can't just say to her how much of an asshole he is. If she finds out about this mess, she'd never want to be around us anymore. If she has to find out, Minho should be the one to tell her. Not me."

I groaned at his response. They're just making it even more complicated.

I watched him as he slowly spaced out again. "So," I spoke, fishing him out of his thoughts. "What are you gonna do? Just lie about it? Pretend as if nothing's wrong?"

"Well, it's not really lying if you're not saying anything, right?"

I gave him a look as he smiled sheepishly.

"Whatever," I stated, rolling my eyes. "Do whatever you want. But if this shit gets even crazier, I'm out of it, okay?"

He nodded and turned back to his computer.

I wanted to ask him why he was suddenly concerned with Y/N when he clearly told Jisung off about going around with her. Did he perhaps had a change of heart? Or maybe he liked her as well?

[Minho's POV]

Hyunjin sat across from me with a suspicious gaze. I raised an eyebrow at him and nudged hin with my foot, making him snap out of it.

"What's going on with you and Bang Chan?"

I rolled my eyes at his question. "What are you? A detective?"

"Just answer the damn question."

"Nothing." I flatly stated. "The guy just happened to hate me, that's all."

Hyunjin is my friend. I trust him. I really do. But if he finds out that that Chan's girlfriend cheated on him with me and that I happen to know everything about it but still went with it, he'd probably loathe my entire existence.

I can't keep losing people over a mistake I did years ago.

"Even if you don't tell me, Y/N is still going to find out. She's not dumb, you know." He huffed, crossing his arms.

"There's nothing to find out about. I'm telling you the truth."

The truth. Funny. I didn't know I'd be using that word until now.

But if I have to keep lying in order to make people stay, I'd do it even if I know there will be severe consequences.