Chapter Twenty-Nine

[Changbin's POV]

"Okay, that was pretty good. We just have to work on your pronunciation a bit more." I stated, finishing off our session for today.

Y/N nodded after taking a sip of water.

We were quiet for a moment until I finally had the guts to break the silence as well as my growing curiosity.

"Is there something going on with you and Chan?"

Y/N coughed awkwardly upon my question.

It was the perfect time to ask. Jisung isn't around as well as Chan. I can finally talk to her alone.

"Well, is there?"

"No," she laughed, quite nervously. "Of course not."

"You're literally squeezing the shit out of that water bottle."

Y/N looked down at the crumpled plastic bottle and quickly set it down the table. She cleared her throat before speaking in a more relaxed tone. "There's nothing going on between us." She clarified.

I laughed, "I don't think so. I know Chan. He doesn't go around giving other people attention just for fun. Most especially kissing others just like that. Despite the number of girls ready to fuck him right there, he's not one to actually use that as an advantage."

"What are you trying to say?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm saying, once Chan has his eyes on something, he'll do anything just to have it."

Y/N shook her head, "It's not gonna be that easy, Changbin. I'm not some object that he can just take. I won't allow it."

I nodded. I could only hope she'll stand by her words. The only problem left is Chan.

I need Chan to focus right now. Ever since Y/N came, he's been going offtrack lately and we can't have that. He can't be swayed over by his feelings. Not now.

[Y/N's POV]

"You're actually getting better?"

"Why do you sound so confused?" I raised an eyebrow at Hyunjin as we sat down on the floor in exhaustion.

"Because I didn't expect you to actually improve." He replied, rolling his eyes.

Annoyed, I threw an empty water bottle at him. "Part of me wants to win so bad, okay? I want to debut. If I'm not going to learn now, how will I be able to learn at all?"

Minho and Hyunjin gasped dramatically. "Who are you and what have you done to our Y/N?" Minho asked, feigning a cry.

"You guys are weird." I deadpanned earning  laugh from them.

"By the way, I bought a cap and a facemask for you." Hyunjin said, changing the subject.

"Why?"

"To cover your face, duh? You seriously think you'll survive out in the city without anything to cover your face? Those sasaengs will rip your entire face off of your head."

"Look," I started as I fixed my ponytail. "I won't be needing that anymore. Chan will clear things up soon."

"Whatever you say." He sighed, shaking his head.

Minho crawled on all fours as he approached me. I laughed as he took my hair from my hands and started to comb it. "I'll do it for you. I've always wanted to play with your hair." He muttered, looking at me through the mirror.

I gave him a smile as he continued to comb my hair with his fingers. Good thing I washed my hair this morning. I would've been embarrassed if I hadn't.

Hyunjin cleared his throat making me glance over to him. He had this ridiculous grin as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. This bitch.

"So, you and Y/N, huh?" He stated playfully.

I watched through the mirror as Minho's ears went red. I'd love to tease him but I was turning red as well. I don't want my plan to backfire.

"Shut up, Hwang. I just want to play with her hair." He glared at Hyunjin.

"Sure, sure. Carry on, lovebirds. I'll go get us some drinks." He got up and exited the room. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!"

"Hyunjin!" I exclaimed as he cackled evilly.

We shared a comfortable silence until Minho decided to break it. "Are you scared?"

"Of what?"

"Of the competition."

We made eye contact with our reflections, holding the stares for a moment. I sighed and nodded. "Who wouldn't be? Hyeri is a very good singer. She's well-known both nationally and internationally. I'm just a mere trainee who flopped all of her auditions, got lucky and finally ended up being accepted."

Minho let go of my hair. He swiftly turned my body around to face him. With a determined look in his eyes, he cupped my face in his hands.

"You're not just a mere trainee. You're Y/N! You're a hardworking girl who got to where she is now because of her perseverance. You have a beautiful voice that could make the angels die of envy. You have the beauty of the goddess Aphrodite herself. And you have the kindest and purest heart of all.

"Never think so lowly of yourself, Y/N. You are wonderful. And if anybody thinks otherwise, they're either blind as hell of dumb as hell. Either way, they're missing out a lot." He smiled, gently squeezing my cheeks.

Before I knew it, I was already bawling my eyes out and sobbing uncontrollably. Minho let go of my face and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't cry, Y/N. You shouldn't be crying whenever you hear compliments. If you cry, that would mean you don't hear these kind of things often..." He spoke, gently patting my hair.

Maybe it was exhaustion that was making me cry. Or maybe the fact that nobody has ever said such nice things to me before. Sure, Hyunjin and Soyeon did. But aside from them, nobody has ever made me feel appreciated.

Minho changed that. He made me feel like I was worthy of love and praises. For the first time since forever, I actually felt loved and adored.

•—•—•—•—•

Hyunjin's face at Minho and Y/N   ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°