Chapter Ninteen

note: this basically just a filler chapter. So it's pretty short and uneventful. Oops.

[Minho's POV]

"You're competing against Hyeri?"

She nodded, biting her lower lip.

"Ah, so that's what you guys were talking about earlier." Felix concluded, rubbing his chin.

"Yeah, and I need your help. Will you please teach me privately? I already told Chan that I want you and Hyunjin to teach me." She begged, giving me puppy eyes.

I chuckled, patting her head softly. "Of course, I'll help."

"I'll help too!" Felix grinned at Y/N. "You'll have 3 people to help you dance."

"Really?" She jumped to hug Felix. "Thank you so much! I don't know what I would've done without you guys."

I glared at Felix as he smiled through her embrace. "What about me? Don't I get a hug? I was the first one to agree." I pouted, crossing my arms.

Y/N laughed as she wrapped her arms around me. "You're such a baby." She giggled.

"I'm your baby." I smirked as I watched her face become red. She immediately let go of me and cleared her throat.

I could just tease her forever. She's too cute.

"Alright, that's enough cheesiness for today." Felix announced as he walked away from us.

"One more thing, Minho." Y/N spoke in a low tone. "We can't just practice with just the two of us."

I raised an eyebrow, "Why not? Hyunjin and Felix wouldn't be around all the time when we start practicing. Eventually we're going to practice with just us two."

"I know, I know. But Chan said—"

"Ah, him again." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "I just don't get him. Is he afraid I might steal you away from his grasp? Pathetic."

Y/N didn't reply and kept on looking down. I sighed in exasperation as I shook my head. "Fine. Let him have what he wants for now."

Just for now.

[Y/N's POV]

After dance training, Chan texted me to go straight to the studio as fast as I could.

Sometimes I wonder what's going on in his head, other times I think it's better not to know anything at all.

"I'm here." I announced, knocking on the door.

I felt bad for the times I just barged in without knocking. So as of today, I promise not to come in unless they tell me to. Let's just hope I can keep that promise.

"Just come in, you willy nilly."

Willy nilly. That's a new nickname.

I came in to see 3racha giving me weird smiles. What the actual fuck?

"Yeah, no—" I turned to leave but somebody dragged me inside and closed the door.

"No, you are not leaving. We have to discuss your vocal range." Chan said, sitting me down between Changbin and Jisung.

I groaned, crossing my arms against my chest. "I'm tired." I said, dragging the word. "Can't we just do this tomorrow?"

Chan shook his head, his lips on a tight smile. "No, no. We discuss this now so we can start making the perfect tracks for you. And so you can start with your private lessons."

I sighed but complied. It's better to just get this over with.

We started with the basic notes as Chan played the keyboard. The notes gradually got higher and higher until I reached the point where my voice finally cracked. And these bastards had a good laugh about it.

"Okay," Chan said, wiping a tear from his eye from laughing too much. Asshole. "You can sing pretty high. You're gonna need it. More vocal practice will help you reach higher notes with no problem."

I nodded, remembering the things he was saying. "As for your rap—"

"Do I really have to rap? I mean, I can just sing and dance."

"Duh. Being a well-rounded artist will help you win. Besides, it'll be an advantage for you because Hyeri sucks at rapping." Changbin and Jisung laughed.

They're so mean but I love it.

Chan cleared his throat to make the two shut up. "As I was saying, Changbin will teach you how to rap starting tomorrow. In fact, everything will start tomorrow. I'll pull you out of dance training for vocal lessons. We start at 8:00 A.M, rap lessons start at 2 P.M, dance lessons start at 6 P.M. and ends at 10 P.M."

Jesus Christ, did he plan on killing me by wearing me out? If I knew I was going to have this hectic schedule, I would've thought twice about dreaming to be an idol.

"And remember, Y/N. We had an agreement regarding your dance lessons." He spoke with sternness in his voice. He really was serious about that, huh... "Any questions?"

"Yes. Can I go home now?"

Jisung bursted out laughing at your answer. Chan smiled, "Yeah, you can go now. Make sure to get lots of rest."

You bet, I will.