>29

"Can I have the pill?" Alexa asked, her lips trembling.

"Are you crazy? This is ridiculous." I scoffed, walking back and forth, my feet stomping against the cold, hard floor.

"This is what I want. Stop being so insensitive." She shouted back at me.

"I'm not the one leaving every one behind." I replied.

"Sometimes I wish it was you who died back at the house, not Leila. Because at least she wasn't a bitch who jumped on every dick that turned up." Alexa screamed at me, her eyes becoming glossy.

"Take your fucking pill." I said, throwing a bag of mixed tablets at her, they fall and rattle against the floor.

Chandler and Anna quickly followed me, and Chandler grabbed my arm and span me round.

"What?" I shouted.

"What is wrong with you?" Anna asked me.

"She wants to leave everything behind, every friendship she's ever formed. She just doesn't care about our feelings." I said.

"What about her feelings? She is the one who is paralysed." Chandler said.

"Go and give her the pill. I don't care." I mocked.

I walked away and went back to my room.

As I fall back onto my bed, I slowly fall asleep.

• • • •

"Lauren! Lauren!" Chandler shouts, banging on the door.

I slowly adjust myself back up, rubbing my head softly.

"LAUREN!" A booming shout echoes.

"Yes, Chandler!" I shout back, opening the door.

"It's Alexa, she's taken the pill." He said, his eyes teary, and red and puffy.

"Baby." He said, as I suddenly burst into tears.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"The morgue." He replied.

• • •

Walking into the morgue, I felt the cold breeze touch my shoulders, sending a chill down my spine.

All the dead civilians, dead soldiers, dead children, were stored here.

"Where is she?"

"This way." Chandler said, taking my hand and leading me to her body.

She was layed there so delicately, her face a pale white, her eyes shut.

Her hair lay delicately across her face, her hands held together across her waist.

"I can't believe this." I said, placing my head in my hands.

"Alexa, I'm sorry." I said, leaning down against her body.

"She left you a note." Chandler said, handing me it.

I went to open it, but he took my hand.

"A-a-ah. She ordered for it to be open after the funeral." He said.

"Funeral? I thought they were just traditions before the apocalypse." I said.

"Hunter made one especially for her." He said "come on, let's go to the others"

He placed his arm around my shoulder, but I couldn't help think, what if this was all my fault...