Chapter 30

Martin

I am so happy for Claudia, she can finally fulfill her dream of becoming an actress.

"How about girls to go eat something? To celebrate this wonderful news" I say to my girlfriend and Jane.

"Oh yes very willingly, after this news I got hungry" she says laughing and I can't help looking at her with a stupid smile on her face, she has a wonderful, contagious laugh "but wait a moment" -she takes back- "Max doesn't knows, I call him and ask him if he wants to come with us too, so in the meantime I tell him this good news "and she goes away with his cell phone in her hand.

I am very good with the three of them, Claudia had never seen my films and she is with me for who I am and what I have to offer and not for my fame and her friends, even if they know that I am famous, they accept me and I am  appreciate as a friend, it is the first time in so many years that I feel accepted for who I am and not for my fame.

"Martin can I tell you something?"  Jane asks me with a low look.

"Yes, of course, just tell me" and I smile at her, I don't know what she has to say to me but I learned on my skin that a smile is very contagious and that when a person is sad, a person who smiles at them is a real cure for the spirit.

"My uncle offered that job to Claudia because ..." -stop for a moment- "because, he's also working on another movie and he knows I'm your friend, and he said that if he had taken Claudia you had to be  his male lead in that other film, which is much more important for him than this and so I told him that you would be in his film ..."

"What ?! So first of all Claudia was not selected because she was perfect for the role but because she is engaged to me?! And second, I just auditioned for another film and ..." -I stop- "  they took me, I absolutely have to record the other film, I auditioned because it is a film that I would like to play. This film that you propose to me I don't even know what it is ... "

"Right, I can't ask you something like that, we will have to tell Claudia the truth ..." and she darkens.

"We can't tell her the truth, it's her biggest dream ever and she's finally going to realize it" -I reflect a moment on what to do and in the end I decide to accept both roles, I don't know how I'll do it since I've never recorded two  film together but I know I can do it, I have to do it, for Claudia-

Claudia, come back to us happy.

"So guys are we going? Max will join us where we decide to go, I will send him a message as soon as we know where to eat" then s stops and sees our serious faces "what you have guys?"

"Oh nothing! Hey, they took me for that movie. You know what I auditioned for and you came too ..." I try to divert the subject.

"Wow, it's fantastic, I'm so happy for you!"  As she says s hugs me abruptly, I embrace her too but as I watch Jane and she looks down.

I don't know how to handle the situation but I am forced to find a way because honestly I cannot tell Claudia the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, here's the thirtieth chapter.

Hope you like it, Oh wow!  We are exactly halfway through the story

Altea