Chapter 56

Martin

A month later...

It was tough but we did it.  We shot a movie in a month.  Now we have to see the review of this guys, which then nobody knows how he's called, it is never signed in its reviews and yet everyone hangs from his lips as if it were God descended to Earth.  This time the review will be positive because, I noticed that he tends to denigrate only the first film of that particular actor, he did it with me too, perhaps because he is frustrated and tries to destroy the future career of a random person in the world. How hard it is to live like this though.

But now I have a bigger problem to think about.  Claudia.

In the end, despite the negative review, many people went to see her film and liked it very much, there are positive reviews from real film critics, but she hasn't wanted to know, she hasn't left the house for a month, from that stupid review.  She doesn't even go to visit her family anymore, I have to go there to tell her that their daughter is still alive and well, more or less, Jane and Max often call her to ask her out but nothing, she doesn't go out.  It is incredible the weight of words, how much one stupid criticism can do this to you.  That film was to be the beginning of her career, not the end.  The film was not a flop and many famous TV stations asked her for interviews but she always canceled or moved them to a date to be destined, if I had been at home I would have prevented her but I was always recording and she felt in power to refuse  her chances of getting her career off the ground.

But now the time has come to take Claudia out of the house.  In a week there will be the first of my film, we worked hard, even for her so whether she wants it or not she will leave the house.

I go to the bedroom, trying to get her out of that bunker where she closed herself.  She has been living in the dark for a month, she no longer opens the windows so neither the air nor the sun enters, so in month she has taken on the "corpse color" and, to make matters worse, eat in the room which is no longer a  room but a pizzeria, it is a month that does not eat anything else, has also stopped washing and changing clothes, it is a month that always wears the same suit.  I can no longer see her like this -and I cannot live like this any more, I cannot enter the room because of the empty pizza cartons scattered everywhere, I have been sleeping on the sofa for a month-.

The time has come to "change music".

"Come on Claudia, let's go out. Let's go buy some new clothes for the first of my film, we have to move in a week" I say pulling her by the arm.

"Martin, maybe you don't understand, I'm not going anywhere"

"Claudia, come on! You can't stay in the house forever because of a jester. You have to take your life back in hand, you can't let yourself be manipulated like this, people will believe you are weak and if you are weak you go back to drinking and taking drugs. You want  really all this? Do you really want to go back and frustrate all the efforts made so far? "

This sentence must have moved something inside her because she suddenly stands up, hugs me, gives me a quick kiss and then takes the makeup bag and goes to the bathroom to put on make-up, then in the middle of the corridor she stops and turns to me "Thanks Martin. For everything "she says smiling at me and my heart finally, after a month, returns to smiling.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, here's chapter fifty-six.

Hope you like it,

Altea

PS.  Are you enjoying it?  In your opinion, now that Claudia has recovered, will she also start acting again?  And if so, will he be able to slip any criticisms on you, in your opinion?