Chapter 46

Max

I still don't believe that Claudia asked me out!  I'm almost as happy as when I got the electric car I wanted on my tenth birthday.

Claudia called me back after I put them down, to tell me the place where we would meet.  When she called me the first time I was very rude to put them down while she was still talking, I realized after she was still saying something to me but I was too excited and before she could change her mind I accepted.

"Hello Claudia!"  I arrive in the pub where we had to meet and she was out there waiting for me, how cute, she is so beautiful, kind and pure that it is impossible not to fall in love with her.

"Hi Max! Listen I have to tell you something, Martin and Jane are also there, I wanted to spend some time with my closest friends, you know the last time we all went out together was at Mark's party and  actually I remember very little of that evening so maybe you were there or maybe not, as far as I'm concerned you might not even have been there "she laughs and her laughter makes me forget the fact that in reality it wasn't a date between us,  I suspected it, it would have been too good an appointment just us but after all she is engaged and yet I hoped to be wrong and I hoped that this was an appointment only between us.

"Hey friend!"  Once inside the pub Martin greets me very warmly and I must say that in the end I am happy with this "meeting" between friends, Jane does not greet me, it is as if she were paralyzed, as if something was happening to her, she is scaring me, I am afraid that she isn't ok.

"Jane? Are you ok?"  I ask her and she winces, as if she were having a daydream and suddenly awakened.

"Y-Yes, all right ... How are you?"  She asks looking me in the eye.

I'm fine, I'm happy, I'm neither in seventh heaven nor sad, I'm normal, yet I have a blockage in my stomach that doesn't make me talk, I have a blockage like when I think of Claudia, like when I first saw Claudia outside the pub.  I take a quick look at Claudia and the block is as if it completely melted, I go back to look at Jane and the block also comes back to my stomach ... it is as if I were in love, it is as if those green eyes of Jane were reading my soul  .

The crush I had taken on Claudia was actually all a cover for getting to Jane.  I've always been in love with Jane and I didn't know it either, but now that "I found out" it's as if I were more at peace with myself.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," I answer Jane as I see her smiling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, here's chapter forty-sixth.

Hope you like it,

Altea