Chapter 40

I am extremely predictable.  I went to "hide" in Central Park, on our bench.  I love Martin and I really love him but I did the right thing and, yes, maybe I regret it but I couldn't afford to fuck the whole life of a person, especially a person like Martin who has fought so hard to conquer it.

As I sit back I think about everything that has happened to me in these few months.  Much more has happened to me in a few months in America than in eighteen years spent in Italy.

Incoming call from Martin ...

I don't answer, I try to shrug, to hold back tears, I try to think that I don't care anymore and so I go back to thinking about my life, how all this from a simple idea of ​​wanting to become an actress has become  a huge mess.

I look at my cell phone, it's time to go home but I don't know if I can, I still need to be alone, my mom and Sergio still don't know that I left Martin and, surely at dinner they will ask me if we had fun considering that I have  told them I was at Martin's house watching a movie.

I feel like I'm in a limbo where right now I have to choose between love and family, I have to decide whether to tell the truth to my family or leave these months behind and start my life now, as if I have just come down  from that plane that brought me here from Milan, as if I had just placed my suitcase in the room and I had just left the house to go to McDonald's but I have to eliminate everything afterwards, it was outside Mcdonald's restaurant that for the first time  I saw Martin, I should forget the limousine, the fans who hug him very passionately, the first time I saw those fairytale blue eyes, then I must forget the first time I saw him at school, the first time he looked at me, the first time he helped me to get up after that ruinous fall from heels and then I must forget the beginning of my life because yes, it is from that moment that my life began and, even if trying hard, I can't forget all that.

"Claudia?!" A voice shouts behind me, thus awakening me from my deafening thoughts, I turn and see him and I cannot help but get up and run to meet him to hug him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, this is the 40th chapter.

Hope you like it,

Altea