Chapter 31

Jane

Two days before...

It's ten o'clock in the morning and I'm still in bed, I love to sleep but maybe I should start waking up earlier even when I don't go to school, I only woke up because the phone rang, otherwise I'd still be in the world of dreams.

"Ready?"  I say yawning and I have to understand if it is reality or a dream.

"Hi Jane!"

"Uncle Frank ?! How are you? It's been a long time since we got in touch" I don't know why my uncle called me, I feel very little because he is a very famous director but I love when he calls me.  Since I was a child I have always had a very nice relationship with my uncle, it is the rich uncle who gives you a lot of money, it is the uncle who gives you super gifts but who says that they are nothing but, apart from the  economic question, it is the uncle who makes you laugh at Christmas, it is the uncle that when you need a friend with whom to let off steam is there and I would not change him even for all the gold in the world.

"See, I heard you have an important friend" and he laughs.

"Are you talking about Martin Harris? He is my best friend's boyfriend, I know him for that reason," I retorted on the phone.

"Hey finally you have a best friend, after eighteen years you are in the world you finally found a friend who can stand you" and he laughs even louder than before, he has a very contagious laugh and so I can't do without  to laugh too, then continue "I'm working on a new film and he would be perfect for the role of the protagonist, could you ask him?"

And that's where I got the idea.

"I'm sure it would make him immensely pleased, you are a very famous director, it would be an honor for him to work with you but you also see I want something in return ..."

"Tell me everything"

"My best friend, the one I was telling you about earlier, dreams of becoming an actress. Isn't it true that you could find her a role in that movie or something else?"

There is a moment of silence between us but then my uncle starts again "I think I can do it, I am also working on another film and I actually miss the female protagonist. You know at casting there was none that would have been useful for the role  as the protagonist of my film and so we would have announced more auditions soon but if you tell me about your friend then I'm in. Do we have a deal? An actor for a future actress? "

"Yes, we have an agreement" and we both hang up.

I immediately call Max telling him everything and predictably he insults me, maybe I was wrong to say so because when I tell Claudia that she was taken I won't tell her that it was all thanks to her famous boyfriend and so I would lie to her knowing that I was lying but I hope  that one day she can forgive me, maybe when she gets to Hollywood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys here is chapter thirty one with a flashback.

Hope you like it,

Altea