Chapter 2

"I'm so tired!" Trevor complained while getting out of our room. Our schedule has just finished and it's road to summer vacation. I can finally finished reading The Secrets Of Immortal Nicholas Flamel.

"You're tired? Archer, we haven't done anything today but to pass our project to Mrs. Caswell." I said to him while walking the hallway.

"Exactly! We haven't done anything! I told you, we should skip school once in a while!" he continued.

I laughed at him and continued to walk out of the school. Once we were in the parking lot, my eyes suddenly drifted across the road where I saw the strange guy earlier. Trevor seems to notice it because he stopped walking and looked directly where I was looking.

"Hey, Mira. Are you okay?" he asked.

I don't want to tell him at first but I realized that he's my best friend and we swore that we will have no secrets to each other. So, I looked at him and said, "I saw a guy earlier and he's very weird."

He wrinkled his forehead and asked, "Weird as in, how?"

I looked around to see if anybody was eavesdropping and I leaned forward. "He has a sword." I whispered.

Trevor widened his eyes. "Sword? As in the thing that can kill you?"

"Yes, Trevor. A real sword and the odd thing is that nobody seems to care that he's holding one." I said.

"So, what happened?" he asked.

"He vanished into thin air." Trevor didn't say anything but just stares at me.

"What?" I asked, irritably.

"You really need to relax your mind, Mira. This is what happens when you binge-watch The Lord Of The Rings in the middle of the night." he said and the annoying part is that he looked amused.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door of his car. "You know what, damn you. I will never, ever, going to tell you anything again."

"I'm sorry, okay. But, seriously though, you need to chill." he said.

I crossed my arm and asked, "And what's in your mind?"

"I know a place and you're going to like it, promise." he winked and smiled at me.

I looked to the ground to think about it. Maybe Trevor is right, I should just relax and have some little fun.

I looked at him and sighed. "Fine. But, we can't be long or else Mama will kill me." I said to him while getting on the car. I saw him jumped and shout because of happiness. Some students were looking at him so he quickly got in the driver's seat.

"This is the reason why I love you. You cannot resist me." he said, smiling widely.

"You're disgusting. Just drive away." I joked. He was about to drive but he looked at me again and said, "Seatbelt, Mira."

I smirked at him. "I already did it."

He laughed while shaking his head and he drove away. It was comfortable short drive, we were singing in the car and teasing each other.

I stared at Trevor. His brown hair was conplementing his beautiful green eyes. I had a crush on Trevor when I first met him but as we grew up I considered him as my big brother.

"Like what you see?" he said, breaking my focus on him.

"I just noticed. You looked like a trash." I joked.

Minutes later, we finally arrived to my favorite place. "Oh my god! Averell Theme Park!" I squealed.

"Uh-huh, because we really need to enjoy our teen life." he said while parking.

"Let's go, Archer! I want to ride the roller coaster!" I said to him, excitedly.

"There's no way I'm going to ride that hell!" he said.

As soon as we got out, I dragged Trevor inside and bought two tickets. We rode so many rides and most of them are against on Trevor's will.

"Mira! I can't do this anymore." Trevor complained.

"Okay, fine. Let's eat and relax." I said while laughing. There's a restaurant nearby so we went to check it.

"There's a lot of people inside." I told Trevor.

"Look! There's vacant near the window. Come on!" he said while pointing at it. He grabbed my hand and we quickly went inside and sat on it.

"I'll order. What do you like?" he asked. He always does this. Whenever we will go to a restaurant, he wouldn't let me order at the counter.

One time when I tried to order, Trevor punched a guy in the counter because he told me that the guy was eyeing at me. Good thing that it never reached the court. So, I promise myself that I will never order again if I still want to see Trevor.

"I want spaghetti with meatballs, brownies, french fries and iced tea." I told him and I handed some money to him.

"Okay, I'll order the same except for the iced tea." he said then went off.

I looked at my phone and it's already 5pm. Mom is not home yet so I won't text her. I looked outside and I saw a guy sitting on a bench. Wait, is that the same one I saw at the school?

He sits casually and stares at me. This time he wasn't wearing a hood, I can see his face clearly. He has a black hair and eyes, pointed nose and a pale skin that has weird tattoos. I was about to take my gaze off of him but what he did next, surprised me. He smirked at me then he stood up and walked away.

I gasped at him. How dare he? Is he a stalker? Who the hell is that?

Shortly, Trevor came in to our table with our foods. "Here it is." he said, excitedly. He looked at me and I saw worry in his face.

"Hey, what happened? Are you okay? Did someone disrespect you?" he asked.

I shake my head and said,"No, I-I'm fine. Don't worry."

"You sure? I'm really worried about you today. You don't seem like yourself." Trevor said.

I reached his hand and looked at him. "I'm fine, you don't need to worry. We're here to relax, right?"

He nodded.

"Come on, let's eat. I'm really hungry." I told him while smiling.

Trevor smiled and started to eat. I looked again outside, hoping that the strange guy was there again but he wasn't there.

Who is he? I thought to myself.