Chapter 23

The death of the King is a shocking news to all the people in the palace. Queen Charlotte and the Council agreed that this should be limited within the area. Nobody was allowed to talked about it in the town because they feared that it will create a great panic. They don't want the villagers to know that King Gabriel has passed away and, or,  Miranda was now possessed by Lilith herself.

In the library, the three gentlemen sat in silence and no one has dared to say a word. Everything that they just witnessed kept replaying on their mind over and over again. Their first sight on the Mother of the Night in their friend's body and the death of their King. Trevor, on the other hand, kept thinking about Mira. He was wondering where is she now. He knew that in order for a Greater Demon to possessed any one, it's vessel must willing to give up his or her body. Knowing Mira, she wouldn't give up that easily but Lilith is an ancient being. She lived longer than any of them. She could have tortured or manipulate Mira because it looks like Lilith was successful in taking control over her vessel.

He looked at his right side and saw that Parker was sitting and staring in the ground. "What was he's thinking about? Was it about Mira? How dare he.." he thought to himself. He averted his attention and shaked his head. It's not right to think about their competition especially now. How silly of him.

Minutes has passed, Steven cannot hold the silence any longer. He cleared his throat and gathered everyone's attention. "What should we do now?" he asked. Carefully choosing his words.

Parker stood up and said, "We have to find Mira. We made a promise to the Queen."

"And, then what? Even if we find her, how can we talked to Mira without getting killed by Lilith? Let's face it, the dark Nephilims has the biggest advantage in this situation." Trevor commented.

Parker wrinkled his forehead in irritation. Didn't just hear what he said? "What do you want us to do?! You want to sit here and feel sorry about ourself?!"

"That is not my point, Parker! My point is we need to plan our strategy." Trevor answered back.

Parker chuckled sarcastically and put his hands on his hips. "Okay, Mr. Fucking Intelligent. What is in your mind, huh?" Trevor abruptly stood up but Steven was already putting himself between them.

"What the fuck is your problem, Parker? I don't appreciate the tone that you're using to me." he said.

"Trevor, you're not my dad so I'm going to use any tone that I want!"

Trevor was about to argue back with Parker when Steven stepped in. "Enough! Both of you! You two acts like a fucking childrens! We have bigger problems now and your bickering isn't gonna help Mira or us! Stop fighting and do your fucking job, idiots!" he yelled.

Both of them felt scared and guilty because this is the first time that Steven raised his voice to any one. Bad idea, they thought. Steven then rolled his eyes and sighed, "We have to find the book that Princess Miranda showed us. There must be something there that could explain everything."

"I already went to her room, Steven. It's gone." Trevor said.

"Gone? How?" Steven asked.

"I don't know."

Steven sighed again and pace in frustration. It's obvious now that some Dark Nephilims got into the palace without them knowing it. It is no wonder that this could be planned all along. "Wait." Parker said, interrupting Steven's pace. "Mira told us that she got the book here, right? Inside of the door in the wall?"

"Yes." Trevor answered.

"Maybe if we can find that door, there must be a second book or whatever." he said.