Chapter 22

Standing in front of a mirror, the Mother of Night stares at her own reflection. So this is what she's going to look like all these years, she thought to herself. It's not bad at all. The vessel is beautiful, thanks to her royal blood, but there is something about her that screams weakness. And, she's planning to change it.

She sighed and continues to fix herself. But then, the mirror started to change. Her reflection swirled around and the true soul of the vessel appeared. She has some cuts in her face and a dried blood in her mouth. She looked tired and weak.

"Go.. away.." she muttered, panting.

She stared at her and slowly laughed. "Go away? Where would you be without me? You will linger in darkness and never see the light. I saved you. Because of me, you survived." she said.

The girl slowly shaked her head and said, "No.. I-I never let you in.. You took my heart."

"And, I can do it again. I gave you powers so that you will use it against the light but you are weak. You are such a fool!" she screamed in frustration and punched the mirror. Some cracks appeared in her reflection and the girl disappeared.

She cleared her throat and fixed her collar. The bruises on her hand slowly fade away and healed. "Shut up, Miranda. Just sit tight and enjoy the ride. I will show you how to be a true queen, She-Winters."
••

They all waited for their queen in the vacant room of the palace. She told them to wait for her and they obliged. No one has dared to say a word. No one has dared to start a conversation. Everybody still cannot believe that this is happening. The prophecy has been occured.

They silently wondered if she's really coming until the wooden door opened and Lilith entered. She scanned the room and looked at them. "You all seem quiet." she commented.

A woman got a courage to walked towards Lilith and bowed. "Forgive us, Mistress. We're waiting for you for so long."

Lilith stares at the woman's brown eyes. "You're not one of the Originals' descendants." she said. "You were once a Light Nephilim."

The woman was a bit shocked but she still nodded. "Yes, Mistress. But, I know in my heart that I shall not live under the rule of the descendants of Michael Winters. I live to serve you."

"What is your name?" Lilith asked.

"I am Summer Havemeyer, Mistress." she answered.

Lilith smiled. "Welcome to my kingdom, Summer. And, thank you for resurrecting me."

Summer bowed once again. "My pleasure, Lilith."

Lilith walked and ascend towards the small stage. "All of you! You have to forgive me. I am sorry for keeping you waiting in the darkness. Watching your loved one dies. While those peasants rule the world and claim what's rightfully ours!"

Everyone tapped their spears in the floor as a sign of agreement. "But, this.. this is our time now! We will set an example of them and make them bow to us! My children, are you with me?!" she continued.

"Yes, Mother!" everyone answered.

"Good." she whispered. Lilith turned around and looked at the window. "Prepare yourself. We will visit the bitch's children."
••

"Have you heard anything about Princess Mira?" Parker asked Walter, the head of the Führer.

"Nothing, Sir Lenox. The trackers couldn't find her. We also went to the town but nobody sees her." he replied.