Chapter 17

Waking up this morning is hard. As soon as I opened my eyes, I felt a pang of pain in my chest and I don't have a strength to get up. I also felt really cold even though the weather is clear.

As I was lying down, I heard someone knocked from the outside. The door opened and Elodie came in. She looked a little bit surprised when she saw that I'm still in the bed.

"Your Highness, are you all right?" she asked.

I looked at her and groaned, "Yeah, I-I'm fine."

She looked at me with concern and walked towards me. When she got closer, I heard her gasped silently. "Your Highness. You are so pale." she said.

I closed my eyes and worked on my breathing pattern when I felt my chest hurts again. "Don't worry, Elodie. I'm.. just gonna take a shower and I'll be fine." I said.

I felt the side of my bed dipped. I opened my eyes and saw her sitting beside me and she doesn't seem to be convinced when I said that I'll be fine.

"Mira, you should stay in bed today. Look at you. You are so pale and I've never seen you like this. Please?" she pleads.

I smiled weakly and held her hand. "I'm fine, really. I can't just stay here. I want some fresh air."

Elodie sighed and shake her head. "You are so stubborn. Just like your mother." she said which makes me laugh a little. "Okay, you take a shower now. I'll bring you some food and medicine, okay?" she continued.

I nodded and thanked her. Elodie smiled at me and exited the room. When she left, I looked at the ceiling as I tried to remember my dream. Let me in. What the hell is that supposed to mean? More importantly, what is she? She looked like me but she's somewhat dark.

"Maybe she's my doppelganger." I whispered to myself. Okay, that sounds crazy.

I decided to closed my eyes for a while when I heard my phone rings. I took it from my night stand and saw two messages from Parker and Trevor.

I opened Trevor's message first. "Hey, can I see you?" I ignored it and opened Parker's text. My eyes widened in surprise. They both say the same thing!

"Is this a joke? Are they soulmate or something?" I said. I put my phone down and I pushed my blanket off of me. I got up from my bed and I slowly went to the bathroom. I turned my shower on and let the water drip on me. Slowly, I felt the chest pains faded and I smiled to myself. I was right, I just need a bath.

I picked up my shampoo and scrubbed it in my head. I really love vanilla scent. It just suits me. I, then, rinsed it out and applied some conditioner. After cleaning my hair, I grabbed my body wash and scrubbed it on my body then rinsed it off. I definitely feel better now. I turned the shower off and grabbed my towel to dry my body. I took my bathrobe hanging from my door and wear it.

When I exited the bathroom, I saw Elodie fixing my bed. She looked up and smiled at me. "Feel better?" she asked. I nodded and sat in front of mirror. I started eating my breakfast while she blow dry my hair.

"Elodie, you don't have to do that. I can take care of it." I said while chewing my food.

She chuckled and replied, "I'm sorry, Your Highness. It's just when you're Mother was a child, I do these things to her. But she's a grown up now, so it's your turn."

I smiled at her and continued eating my food. After I took my medicine, I went to the closet to choose my outfit for today. I picked up a high waist pleated skirt that has buttons in it and a sleeveless turtle neck crop top. I went to the bathroom again and wore it. I looked at the mirror and thought it was cute.