Chapter 29

* 5 YEARS LATER *

"Miranda!"

"Miranda Winters! Come down here! We're gonna be late!"

I quickly grabbed my bag and clothes. "Oh my god, she's going to kill me." I muttered to myself. I quickly ran downstairs and saw an angry Joanna waiting at the door. Joanna Thomson is my best friend and Steven's girlfriend. We actually met at school and she recognized me because she lived in the town near at the palace. We instantly clicked and became inseperable. I introduced her to Steven and the others and, well you know, the rest is history. They're now in relationship for three years already and I must say they are cute together.

Joanna is 5'6 tall, with a fair skin and a brown eyes that matches her hair color. She also knew how to fight and to handle weaponry. She's a total bad-ass.

I went near her and chuckled. She was crossing her arms and glaring at me. "Relax, sis. We're not gonna be late." I said as I opened the door and leave our apartment.

"I told you to wake up early and prepare your clothes beforehand. But, you didn't listen to me." she said as we walked down to my car.

"I prepared it. You're overreacting." I laughed at her and open the car's door. We immediately went inside and drove away.

"We should hang out after this. Let's get crazy, you know." Joanna suggested.

"I'm totally down, Jo! Besides, it's our last day in here." I replied while my eyes are on the road.

"But, we shouldn't tell the boys. They wouldn't let us to go out."

"Agreed."

After thirty minutes of driving, we reached the school and I parked my car in my usual spot. We unbuckled our seatbelts and Joanna gave me my clothes. We wore our graduation gown and caps. After that, we applied some light make-ups before fixing our hair. "You ready?" Joanna asked. I took a deep breathe and nodded before we went out of the car.

While we were walking, I suddenly thought about how the time flies so fast. I can't believe it's been five years since my parents told me that I'm a princess. After this, I will be going back to Florland because my mother will step down as a queen by the end of the year and I'll be taking over. Of course, I'm excited to be going back but I'm also nervous. I studied diplomacy and political science at school but there was no subjects in "Queen" or "How To Run A Magical Place 101." But, I know that my mom will help me and she believes that I'm ready. Of course, I wonder... am I really ready?

"Hey." Joanna called and tapped my shoulders. I looked up and saw that we're in the auditorium already. We sat in our respective seats as I observed the other students talking to each other. All of them were happy for the next chapter of their life and it made me realize that we are all different. Some of us will shine today and the others will shine in the future. We have different paths and my path is different from them. I don't need to feel sorry for myself.

"Is the Queen coming?" Joanna whispered.

"No, there's a little problem in the palace but she needs to attend it. It's okay though because we can have some fun." I whispered back.

A teacher went to the stage and told the students to settle down. After the other students sat down, the events start right away. Everything flows without a problem and right before we knew it, our diplomas is in our hands.

Mr. Cohen, the principal, went near the microphone to give a speech. I wasn't really paying attention because I was trying to find someone in the audience. Seriously, he didn't attend to support me? I'll slit his throat when I see him. After a few minutes, I sighed and gave up then I looked at Mr. Cohen.