Chapter 21

Eighteen years. They have been waiting for this day to come in over eighteen years. And now, their true Queen will arrive. No brothers or sisters of theirs will die in the hands of a light Nephilim anymore. Their era has come.

"My lady, the preparation is almost complete. Only one object remains." the maid said.

Looking at the window, she knew that Florland is in turmoil. Everyone at the palace is looking for their lost princess. Little did they know, she will be gone forever.

"Do not worry. Austin has it and it's on the way." she said back. She turned around to face the maid. "Gather the priestesses. Tell them, the time is near."

The maid bowed and left the tower while she went to lit the black candles that surrounds the stone table. After she lit the last black candle, the door flew open and Austin entered while carrying someone in his arms.

"My lady."  he greeted with a smile.

Her gazes landed on the girl in Austin's arms. "Put her in the table." she ordered in which he obliged. She slowly went to the unconscious body of the girl and stare at her.

"She will be senseless for another thirty minutes, my lady." he said.

"That's enough time." she said back while brushing the back of her hand in the girl's jaw. The door swung open again and one by one, the priestesses entered. They went directly to the table and surrounded it while kneeling. She straighten up and looked at Austin.

"Get the book." she said. Austin went to the corner of the room and took the book from it's place and gave it to her. This book is the same one that Mira found in the library. Austin knew how to easily get in and out to the palace. This was planned for so long. And with Mira's curiousity, everything went like a clockwork. She lightly laugh and looked at her. "You are so stupid. You didn't even finish reading it. You forgot the best part." she said.

She opened the book and went to the last pages. It was blank at first but she took a knife and made a cut to her hand. She let her blood drip to the pages. Slowly, the language of forbidden rites shows. "Let us start now." she said.

The priestesses closed their eyes. "Audi nos, paelex." they repeatedly muttered.

She looked back at the book and read, "Abyssum invoco. Lilith invoco. Mater mea, invoco. Hac tum praetoria nave enim dabo vobis. Audi vocem nostram. Abyssum invoco. Lilith invoco. Mater mea, invoco."

The ground started shaking as she continues to recite the forbidden rites.

••
I opened my eyes and saw that I'm in a dark room. I groaned and felt a little lightheaded when I tried sitting up. "Ouch, did I hit something?" I said to myself.

"Not really. It must be the effect of that dart." a voice replied to me. I quickly looked back and saw her again. She was sitting beside me and still wearing her dress but this time she was smiling. And, I didn't like it.

"You again? What are you doing here?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I told you, we are connected."

I stood up and shouted. "Leave me alone!"

She stood up also and laughed. "How can I? I'm the only one that's keeping you alive and you should be thankful. Besides, it's my time to take command of this body."

I stepped back and felt nervous. "Who are you really? You're not me."

She just looked at me but then she smirked. Her face started to get creepy for me. "You're right. I'm not you. Not yet." she said.

"Get out." I firmly said.

Again, she laughed out loud. "You cannot overpower me, Miranda! I'm older and powerful than you. You're just a speck of dust beneath in my fingernails. You're every breathe is a gift from me! And now, you will let me in."

I shook my head. "No. Never." I whispered.

I turned around to run but she was there already. Her face turns serious and she looked angry. "I know what lurks in you heart. You're pretending to be a savior but in reality, you are not. If you won't let me in, then I will force you." she said and then grabbed my arm. I tried to fight back but she put her hand inside of my chest and I groaned in pain. When she took out her hand, I saw that she was holding something that was glowing in red and it looked like it was beating. Then I realized, it was my heart.

Unknowingly, I slowly touched my neck to see if I'm wearing my necklace but it wasn't there. I looked up and saw that she smirked at me once again. "Nothing can protect you now." I heard she said before I passed out.

••
"Lilith invoco. Mater mea, invoco."

The ground stopped shaking and so did they. She closed the book and looked at the body. Nothing happened.

"What happened?" a priestess asked.

"Lilith?" she whispered but the girl was still unconscious. "I don't understand!" she said, more likely to herself. She's starting to get upset when the body wasn't responding. Minutes has passed, the tower slowly filled with a red light. She looked back and saw that the moon is now red as blood.

The Blood Moon.

Did she fail? Or was it a success?

"My lady." Austin called her and she looked back. She saw that the girl was slowly opening her eyes and when her eyes was opened, she saw her reflection in it's pure red eyes. Everybody was delighted especially her.

"Mother?" she called.