Chapter 18

As soon as Miranda left the library, I decided to go at the training grounds to find him. After all, we have a conversation to do. When I'm outside, I took a glance at the lodge and there I saw him sitting casually in the bench while talking to my brother. Even though I'm a little nervous, I felt this urge to talked to him or at least to confirm if what I'm thinking is true.

I walked towards them. My brother must felt my presence as he looked at me when I'm near but Trevor, on the other hand, ignored me. I stopped in front of him and just stares.

I heard him sigh and asked, "What do you want?"

"I think you know what I want."

He lazily looked at me. I'm immune to his cold stares so it won't affect me anymore. "Parker, I don't have time to play mind games with you. Fucking spit it out already."

I clenched my jaw. I looked at my brother who is now aware of the tension between us. "Steven, can you give us some privacy?" I asked. Steven looked at me and to Trevor before he stood up and walked away.

"What do you want, Parker?" Trevor boringly asked again.

I looked at him and said, "I just want you to know that I confessed to Mira. So, I'm courting her. Thought you should know." I smirked.

Trevor chuckled and shook his head. "Do you really think that you have a chance?"

I just shrug and that makes Trevor annoyed. He stood up in front of me. It's a good thing that we've got the same height. I won't feel intimidated.

"Know your fucking place, Lenox. You're not good for her." he said.

"And you think that you are? Sorry, but she only sees you as her friend. F-R-I-E-N-D-S. That's your label."

Trevor stiffened and glared at me. I know that reactions of him. He doesn't like the words that is coming out from my mouth. I silently laughed and I feel proud of myself.

"Everything can change. We both know that you just like her because she's a princess. You just want a title. I'm warning you, Parker. Stay away from Mira. She's not yours to begin with." he said.

"Same with you. She's not yours to begin with. So stop acting like you are the boyfriend already, Trevor. You're not even sure if she likes you back. And for your information, I'm not after the title." I really want to punched Trevor. Did he really think that I just want to be the future King?

Trevor hold me in my collar. "Stop trying, Parker. No matter how many times you try, you will not win. I met her first. I am her first crush."

I smirked at him again. "You may be the first but I intend to be her last."

Trevor looked really mad right
now and I pushed him back. I fixed the collar of my shirt and looked at him. "I don't fucking care if you are Steven's friend. I like her and I will court her. You cannot order me to stop." Trevor looked at me coldly. I smirked at him and tapped his shoulders. "May the best man wins."

I looked at him one last time and walked away.

••
I know that Parker is not after the title. He's better than that but I just want to annoy the hell out of him. All the things he just told is a hard blow for me. I felt something in my chest when he told me that I'm just a friend.

When he walked away, I sat back at the bench. I felt someone's presence again and he sat beside me.

"I told you. He's serious about this." he said. I looked at him. This guy doesn't know the word "privacy".

"Shouldn't you be far away from here?" I asked.

He just shrugged and replied. "I kept my distance just incase you two fight."

I shaked my head and looked at the sky. Maybe Mira only sees me as a friend but I know I can change that. I can make her fall in love with me. I know I can.

"Sorry, Steven." I said.

"Why?"

I looked at him and said, "You're my friend and I respect you. I'm sorry but I will fight your brother."

Steven sighed. "You two won't get along, won't you?" I shaked my head as a reply. I know that Parker and I will never he friends. No matter how many times Steven tries, we will end up cutting each other's throat.

"Do whatever you want. You can fight, cuss at each other or anything. But I will never, ever going to choose between the two of you." He continued. "Because, this fight is not mine. It's yours."