Chapter 6

It's been two weeks since I came here. I'm still not talking to my parents or Trevor. They're trying but I kept ignoring them. Besides, I have everything I need here in my room. This place must looked old on the outside but you're wrong on that. My room is civilized and my gadgets were also here so I'm gonna be fine.

As I was scrolling through my phone, I wonder what this place really looks like. I want to explore it. I got out from my bed and put my shoes on. I walked towards the door and took a peek to see if anyone was there.

I saw a woman and two guards standing outside. I took a deep breathe and opened the door.

"Hi." I greeted shyly and they seems surprised. Maybe because I greet them or because I finally come out.

"Your Highness." they greeted and bowed.

"I'm sorry about my actions these past few weeks. I'm still adjusting to this. Sorry." I explained.

"You don't need to apologize, Your Highness. We understand your situation." she said.

"Thanks." I whispered as I looked around the hallway. There's a lot of paintings hanging in the wall and a lot of flowers, too.

"Do you need anything, Your Highness?" she asked.

"Actually, I'm bored and I want to check the palace a little bit. Do you have library here by any chance?" I told her.

They smiled at me and nodded. "Yes, Your Highness. We can take you there if you want."

"Sure but- uhm, I didn't know your names." I said.

"My name is Elodie, your personal maid. This is Benjamin and Drexel, your appointed guards, Your Highness." she said.

"I am Miranda Winters. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." I told them and bowed.

Elodie took my hand and said, "You grew up since I last saw you, Your Highness."

"Since you last saw me?" I asked.

"I was there the night when you were born, Your Highness." she said and I noticed that her eyes become glassy in tears.

I smiled at her. "Please, call me Mira. I would be grateful if you do." I told her.

She smiled at me once again and we started to walked. Elodie was beside me and the guards were behind us.

Elodie seems like a very caring person. She has these vibes where you'll just feel like your safe. A "motherhood" vibes.

She kept telling me that the people of Florland were excited when they hear about my arrival. She also told me that my parents were planning to throw a ball for me. I was uncomfortable at the topic but I don't want Elodie to worry or be offended so I kept smiling at her.

After minutes of walking, we finally arrived at the library. Elodie opens the door for me and I went inside. I was awestruck because there so many books.

"We'll be outside if you need anything." she said.

I looked back at her and smiled. "Thank you so much." I said and I walked towards the bookshelves.

I saw a lot of books about my ancestors, the history of Florland and stories about the Great War. I kept looking for a book that I might want to read when I noticed a small door in the wall. I went near to investigate and I tried opening but it was locked. I tried and tried until I lose my interest in it. I sighed and gave up.

I kept exploring the room and saw a different portrait of men hanging in the wall. "This must be the descendants of Michael Winters. Trevor is right. I'm the only girl." I said to myself.