Chapter 19

I was in the library, reading some books about the royal duties that my tutor gave me. Luckily, my lessons continued after the day when Archer and Parker confessed. So, it gave me an opportunity to avoid them.

As I was taking some notes, someone knocked on the door and Elodie came in with some flowers on her hand.

"Oh god, please don't tell me it's from them?" I asked. Elodie smiled and nodded. For weeks, Archer and Parker have been sending some chocolates, flowers and letters to me. They also send me texts everyday.

I sighed and continued what I'm doing. "Why are they doing this to me?" I whined.

I heard her chuckled and walked towards me then she gently placed the bouquets on the table. "Mira, it's normal for those boys to have some feelings for you. You're not difficult to love." she said.

I looked up to her and said, "I can't date both of them. It feels so wrong."

"Then choose, Your Highness."

I shake my head and looked at the flowers. "I don't want to. I'm afraid that I'll hurt someone."

Elodie touched my chin and make me looked at her. She, then, tucked some hair strands behind my ear. "Your Highness, you can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to things you don't want to feel."

An hour has passed when I'm done studying, I decided to take a walk in the hallways to keep my mind clear. I was still thinking about Archer and Parker when I noticed that my surroundings gets dimmer. It made me stop walking when I realized that I'm in an unfamiliar part of the palace. I decided to turn around and leave when I suddenly heard some whispers.

I looked around and followed it. I noticed that it was coming from a curtained wall near to the painting of my father. I thought that it was a plain wall designed with a black curtain but my hand touched a solid item underneath. I lift the curtain and saw that there was a door behind it.

I pressed my ear to the door and heard some faint whispers inside. Maybe I'm going crazy but I think I heard someone called my name. I turned the knob and slowly opened it. It was dark and I can't see anything. So, I grabbed a lantern hanging near the wall and entered the room.

I looked around and saw a switch. I flipped it and the lights turned on. This place looked like a study room. There was a bookshelves, a couch and a table. It's also very clean but why is it hidden? I placed the lantern in the table as I roam around.

I immediately went to the shelves and scanned the books. My eyes drifted in a red notebook so I pulled it out and opened it.

"The handwritings is very familiar." I thought to myself. I went to the last few pages and read it. As I was reading the last page, I froze and tears started to form in my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" a man behind me asked. I slowly looked back and stared at him. His eyes slowly drifted in the notebook that I was holding.

"Mira-" he started but I cut him off. "Is this true?" I asked quickly.

He looked like he's been caught doing something bad. "Mira, you don't understand. I have to do it."

"Is this true?" I asked again but he didn't reply. "Answer me!" I shouted.

He closed his eyes and slowly nodded. My eyes betrayed me and tears flow down through my cheeks. "What- What the hell is this?!"

He slowly walked towards me but I stopped him. "Mira, I have no choice. Please, let me explain."

••
I kept pacing back and forth. I am so nervous. I'm really worried that something bad might happen. "Elodie, why is it taking so long?" I asked.