Chapter 13

"Princess Mira! Please, stop!" Benjamin shouted as he continued to chase me. I didn't listen to him and started to run faster. My princess duties become difficult after I visit the town and it's killing me. There's too many laws that need to be memorized, people that I should meet and remember, and etiquettes to be done. Bottom line is, I don't want any part of it.

I groaned. "When he will ever stop." I said to myself. I continued to ran and went outside of the palace. I looked around to see if I can find a good hiding spot but I heard some footsteps so I quickly went to the bushes and hide.

I was breathing so hard. A few minutes later, I felt Benjamin's presence. I quietly crawled behind the bushes until I reached the garden. I slowly peeked to see if there's any guard patrolling. Luckily, I found no one.

"Finally." I said to myself. I stood up and fixed my hair and clothes. I walked to the nearest bench and sat there, ready to read my book.

"Found you, Your Highness." a voice spoke, surprising me. I looked up and saw Parker standing beside me.

"You scared the hell out of me, Parker!" I told him but he laughed.

"Your guard alarmed us that you ditched your lessons today. And, ran." he said.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not feeling it, okay. If I hear another word about learning how to be a princess, I'll shoot my head."

"Wow. You really hate that much, huh." he said and whistled.

I closed my book and sighed. "You know what, I'm so mad right now. This isn't the life I grew up with. I'm not used to this. If they told me sooner, I'll have the perfect time to adjust. I mean, just because I've been here for months doesn't mean that I'm fine with everything. I want to enjoy whatever I want. I want to be free again. I want my life back." I scoffed and continued, "Who am I kidding? It's not going to happen anymore. They want their daughter to be perfect and I'll have no choice but to obey."

Parker didn't say a word. He must be surprised that I open up to him.

Minutes later, Parker held his hand to me. "Come with me, Your Highness. I want to show you something." he said.

I just looked at him, wondering what's going on through his mind. Parker smirked and said, "Come on, you can trust me."

I raised my eyebrow and asked, "Can I?"

Parker nodded. I reluctantly took his hand and let him guide me into the forest. "Where are we going?" I asked as we continued to walk deep in to the forest.

"You will like it, Princess." he said.

When we arrived in the middle of the forest, I gasped on the scenery. The sunlight pierced through the trees, pointing towards the small pond that shimmers in a light making it look like a pool of diamonds. It was surrounded by different flowers with butterflies dancing on it.

"Oh my gosh. This is so beautiful, it looks like a paradise!" I commented.

Parker chuckled and hold my hand. "I'm glad you like it, Princess." he said. We sat near the pond and I took off my shoes and rolled off my jeans, letting my legs soaked in the cold water.

"How do you know this place?" I asked Parker.

Parker looked at me and observed my face. "When my parents died, I was so depressed. I pushed everyone except for my brother. I always like to wander around. To explore everything and when I saw this place, it helped me. It helped me to be better again."

My face softens and I feel guilty for judging him so quickly. "May I ask how your parents died?"

"It was my last day of the training. We were supposed to have a celebration but the Dark Nephilims barge into our house. I tried to protect them but I failed. After that, I drowned myself in the training. I want to be the best soldier so that I won't do the same mistake." he answered.