Chapter 15

Days has been passed since my parents announced their surprise and it reached the town a day after. The people threw a party and send some gifts which I think was so sweet. Along with everybody else, I'm dying to know if it's a girl or a boy.

I decided to rummage my closet since I've been avoiding Trevor after our fight. I didn't attend any of our trainings because I don't want to see him even though I miss him so much. But that's okay, at least Steven and Parker talked to me.

I was finishing up cleaning when my phone's notification rings. I went to the table and picked it up. It was a text from Trevor. I opened it and read the message.

"Mira, can I see you? Please."

I sighed and ignored it. I put down the phone and went back to the closet to finished it up. After that, I took a shower to relax myself and wore an oversized hoodie and a jeans. After I got dressed, I went to the balcony of my room. I looked up to the sky and said, "Whoever watching from there, protect my mother. Even if it kills me."

Someone knocked on the door and Elodie entered the room. "Your Highness." she greeted and bowed.

I turned my head to looked at her. "Yes?"

"The lunch is now prepared. Let's go to the garden, Your Highness." she said.

I crunched my forehead in confusion but I still put my flat shoes on. "Garden? Why is it there?" I asked.

Elodie smiled and said, "It is a surprise."

Before I can asked anything else, Elodie took my hand and grabbed me. When we were at the door that leads to the garden, Elodie stopped and put some blindfold on my eyes.

"Wait, do you really have to do this?" I asked while she's tying the blindfold.

"Trust me, child. This will take your breath away." she said, amused.

I smiled and let her guide me. It's a good thing that I came here often because I already familiarize the surroundings and I will not trip. Imagine how embarassing that would be!

"Elodie, where are we going?" I asked.

"Don't worry, Your Highness. We are almost there." she replied.

Suddenly, I felt someone's presence in here. I was about to tell that to Elodie but we stopped walking and she took off my blindfold. I let my vision adjust to the light and saw a table and chairs in front of me. There was some rose petals that surrounds it. In the corner, I saw a very familiar figure.

"Hi, Mira." he said.

I crossed my arms and stare at him. "What is this?" I asked.

"Well, you wouldn't answer any of my texts." he said.

"So you have to convince Elodie to make me come here." I said and glance at Elodie who is smiling at me.

Trevor walked up to me and put his hand on his pocket. He then smiled at me. "This is the only way, Mira." he whispered.

I sighed and clicked my tongue. "You can be so charming when you want something, Archer. The trick is finding out what."

Trevor chuckled and held his hand in front of me. I stared at it before looking to his face. "Walk with me. Your Highness." he said.

I raised my eyebrows and looked at the table. "What about the food?" I asked.

"It can wait." he answered. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the small maze, not taking his hand. I was still crossing my arms while walking. Trevor was behind me. "Mira, come on. Talk to me." he whined.

"I'm still mad at you, Archer. I was planning not talk to you for a year." I said. Trevor walked faster and stop in front of me. He leaned towards me and smirked. "We both know you can't do that." he said.

"Do you mock me, Archer?"

"No, not at all. It's just when it comes to me, you can't resist." he said and smile.

I gulped and glared at him because he was right. I can't resist Trevor and he'll use it against me. Trevor bites his lip and laughed. Something is different with him. I didn't see him like this before.

I crunched my forehead and asked, "What the hell is wrong with you today?"

Trevor stared at me and shake his head. I walked passed him and he stayed behind but within a few meters only. After a minutes, Trevor touched my arm and stoppped me from walking any further. I turned and looked at his eyes, he was trying to be vulnerable in front of me. His eyes is full of emotions that I couldn't decipher it.

"Mira, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry if I offend or hurt you and your feelings. But understand this, I care about you. I care about you a lot." he said and dropped his hand from my arm. Trevor brushed his hair and continued, "Y-Yes, I was a little jealous that you're with him but it doesn't mean that I'm controlling you or whatever. I just want the best for you and, trust me, Parker is not good for you."

Does he hate Parker? I asked to myself. I thought they were friends.

Trevor stepped forward and put his hands on my cheeks. He then leaned his forehead into mine and closed his eyes. "Please, forgive me."

My face softens at the tone of his voice. He slowly opened his eyes and stared directly at mine. I sighed and said, "You really know how to make a girl forgive you." Trevor chuckled and hugged me.

"I hate you." I said.

I felt Trevor smiled as he hugged me tighter and buried his face in my neck.

••
As he walked to the cold marble floor, his footsteps echoes in the dark hallway. The time has come and his master will be delighted. He wanted to be the one to told her. After all, he is the only person who has the courage. After a minutes of walking, he stopped in front of a big old wooden door.

"Open it." he commanded. The knights that was guarding the door nodded and slowly opened it. He entered the room and walked towards to the woman who was sitting in a throne, with a book on her hand.

"My lady." he greeted and bowed.

The woman glanced at him. Her cold brown eyes is what makes the others afraid of her and she likes it. She closed her book and it's sound filled the empty room. The man jumped slightly in surprised.

"Do you come here for a reason, Austin?" she asked.

"Yes, my lady. I have news for you. From the town." he announced.

The woman put her book down and grabbed her wine glass. "Well, spit it out." she said.

Austin looked up and smiled. "The Queen of Florland is now carrying a sang real. The time has come, my lady. Everything is now in place."

She slowly smiled and laughed, her melodic but dark laugh rings throughout the room. She stood up and went to the large window behind the throne. "Fetch the others and tell them to meet me underground. The Blood Moon is coming soon. We have to be careful now."

Austin bowed and was about to turn around but his master called him again. He looked at her, her back is facing him.

"Prepare the Tower." she commanded.

Austind smiled. This is what he's waiting for. He will be part of the history. "At once, my lady." he said and left the room.

The woman continued to looked at her window. The palace of Florland can be seen here and it's now full of colors. A sign that something good is happening there.

"Take all the time to celebrate, you imbeciles. You have no idea on the storm that's coming for you." she said and drank from her wine glass.