Chapter 28

It's been days since Miranda woke up and everything is getting back to normal. She is also slowly beginning to accept everything that happened. Although, somewhere deep in her heart she's still blaming herself for what happened to her father and her people.

Yesterday, the Council told her that she can go back to the outside world to finish her school and after that her reign shall start. Everything is in place except for one thing.

Miranda was sitting in the garden while drinking chamomile tea, which helps her to be relaxed these past few days. She was enjoying her moment of silence while reading a book when suddenly, Elodie came from behind her back.

"Your Highness?" she called.

Miranda looked up and smiled when she saw Elodie. "Yes?"

"Trevor asked if he can speak to you." she said. "He's right over there."

Miranda saw Trevor in a distance and waved at her. She waved back and gestured him to come. She looked back at Elodie and nodded. Elodie bowed before leaving the princess with Trevor.

"Hey, you okay?" Trevor asked and sat beside her. She placed her book down the table and looked at him.

"Yes, I'm starting to feel better." Miranda replied. Trevor hummed and just stared at her face. Miranda was confused and she wrinkled her forehead. "What?"

Trevor wrapped his arms around her, pulling Miranda near to him and kissed the top of her head. He felt Miranda's laugh and she looked at him. "Still surprised, huh?" she asked with a smirk. "Don't worry. This isn't a dream." He smiled as he continue to stare at her. Who would have thought that he would be hugging Mira again? That he would be the solution to waking Mira? It's like a miracle. A destiny.

"I always thought that you're going to leave us. Leave me. That, maybe, you're in a better place." he continued. "All of my better days are the ones spent with you. I can't lose you, Mira."

Miranda's face softened. "I was in a better place, Archer. But, then, I heard your voice." She cupped his face and Trevor leaned to her soft and warm hands. I missed this, he thought. "No matter where I went. I always knew my way back. Back to you. You know why?"

"Why?" he asked, softly.

"Because, you are my compass star."

Trevor chuckled and pulled her closer. "You know what, if I didn't know you any better, I'll be thrilled to everything that you just said."

"Why, are you not thrilled right now?" she teased.

"You have no idea."

Both them laughed and Miranda leaned her head in Trevor's wide shoulder. She took a deep breath, inhaling the familiar scent of him, as they fell in a comfortable silence. Musk, she thought. She just realized now how much she misses him. After the day Trevor comforted her, he was away for a couple of days as they continue to hunt the remaining Dark Nephilims. Those days were hard for her because she can't talk to or see him and that made her very worried. She missed his voice, his face and his presence which made her realized that her heart yearned for him.

When they come back, unharmed, she didn't hesitate to run towards him and hugged him tight. The people around that time throw them a suspicious look, except Parker, but they didn't care. She's happy and he's safe. That's all that matters.

"I heard that the Council approved your request to go back." he said.

"Yeah, but you will come with me right?" she asked.

"Of course. I have to finish my school, too." he continued. "Besides, who will be there to protect you if I'm not coming back?"

"So, what course are you going to pick?"

"Anything without Math." he joked and both of them laughed then suddenly, Trevor remembered something. He reached something in his pocket and gave it to Mira.

"Thought you might want it back." he said.

Mira took the necklace from his hands and stared at it. She smiled as she felt that her missing piece has been found. She feels complete again. "Thanks, Archer." she murmured.

Trevor cleared his throat and called Miranda. She looked up and her blue eyes met his green ones. "I actually want to ask you something?"

"What?"

Trevor licked his lip and gulped. He was used to other people's stare but with Miranda, he felt intimidated. "Did.. Did you choose me over him?"

She chuckled and replied. "Isn't obvious?"

"Wait. Are you serious?"

Feeling the urge to tease him, Miranda wrinkled her forehead. "Do you want me to take it back?"

"What?! No! I mean- of course not!" he said quickly.

Miranda laughed so loud and said. "I'm just joking. Geez."

Trevor huffed and glared at her. "I will tickle you until death. You scared me."

"It's your fault 'cause your dumb." she whined.

"Thank you, Mira." he whispered.

"For what?"

"For choosing me. For giving me a chance to prove myself for you. I know that you're still not okay and yet you still have a time to choose between us. I know that it's hard but you still managed to do it. So, thank you. I just hope I can mend your heart and make it perfect."

"Archer." She leaned away and stared at him. "My heart is perfect because you are in it."

"So, that means we're official right?"

Miranda hummed and smirked at him. "Let me think about it."

Trevor took a deep breathe and closed his eyes. "If this is a dream, I will kill any one who would wake me up." he said.

Miranda shook her head and smiled. She leaned closer, staring at his beautiful face, his eyes, his lips and everything. "Open your eyes to see." she whispered.

Slowly, Trevor opens his eyes and looked at her with complete admiration. She saw that his emotions were flashing through his eyes and she can't help but to laugh a little. So adorable, she thought. She gently held Trevor's face and leaned closer. "I love you, Trevor Archer." she whispered and kissed him.

It was perfect and they're both in love with each other.

They're both safe in each other's arms.

Just like how it should be.