Chapter 11

I was in the training grounds, watching the new guardians fight each other. "Kick higher! Aim for the head!" I shouted and they obeyed what I say.

"Hey, Trevor." I heard someone called me. I turned around and saw Steven walking towards me. "Did you see Parker?" he asked.

"No. Why?" I asked.

"I've been looking for him for hours but I can't find him." he said, frustration is clear in his voice.

"Don't worry about him. He probably just took a walk or something." I assured him.

Parker and I are not close. There is always tension between us and I did not know how it started. But, I considered Steven as my friend and I don't like seeing him worried because of his scoundrel of a brother.

My eyes drifted behind him and saw Parker walking. He was smiling and that's very unusual for him.

"Turn your head, Steven." I said.

Steven was confused but he did what I say. When he saw his brother, he seems relieved. "Thank God." he muttered.

He walked towards to meet him and I followed. "Where the hell have you been?" he asked.

Parker just shrugged. "Hiding from you." he answered, still smiling.

Steven noticed his brother's smile and he wrinkled his forehead. "What's the matter with you? Are you sick?" Steven asked again.

"What?" Parker asked cluelessly as he stared at his brother and me.

"You're smiling." I said. Parker swallowed and instantly drop his face.

"I wasn't." he denied.

Steven then smiled wickedly. "Tell me, brother, you're with her? You talked to Mira, didn't you?" he accused.

My ears went up when I heard her name. I was about to asked Steven what does he mean by that but my phone rang. I picked it up and put it in my ear.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Trevor, where are you?" Mira asked.

"In the training grounds. Why? Did something happened?"

"Chill, nothing happened. Can you come here?"

"Yeah, of course. But, can I know why?"

"Stop asking questions! Just come here and bring Steven or Parker."

"Okay. You're so bossy." I joked and she hanged up. I turned to my students and get their attention.

"Warriors! Training dismissed. Get a rest now." I ordered. All of them bowed and went to their respective lodge.

"Training hours isn't finished. Why did you do that?" Steven asked.

"Princess Mira wants to see us. Follow me." I told them as I lead the way.

"Why?" he asked again but I didn't answered. When we were in the hallway, I noticed that her guards wasn't there. I hastened my steps until we reach her door and I quickly knocked.

Mira opened the door and grabbed me inside.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"You're not being followed, right?" she asked, too.

"No, I don't think so." I answered. Mira looked at the door again and saw the Lenox brothers standing outside.

"Waiting for an written invitation? Come in! Quickly!" she ordered in which they obeyed. Parker went inside first and Steven locked the door.