Chapter 25

"Wait, are you serious?" Trevor asked the Council.

Queen Charlotte, The Council and the Führer filled the room as they talked about their plans for the war. One of the Führer heard that the enemies will attack tomorrow night and they're numbers are hundred. It seems like they recruited many soldiers these past few years, preparing for Lilith's comeback. They are outnumbered and not prepared.

"I'm afraid it's true. We already lost before it even begins." Mr. Crest said, one of The Council.

"We believed that Lilith will attack us first before attacking the town." Mr. Adamar said, too.

"Yeah because without us the town will be vulnerable. I mean, how many people in there knows how to fight?" Parker commented and everybody in the room fell silence.

"Do you have any suggestions, Your Majesty?" Steven asked.

Charlotte looked at them with tired eyes. She doesn't have a decent sleep ever since her husband died. She can't sleep because of the nightmares involving Gabriel and Mira. But Elodie is right, she shouldn't give up now. She has to be strong.

She leaned forward and sighed. "This is a very hard time for us but we shouldn't lose our strength now. We are Apate's children. We are the light and light will always conquer the darkness." she said. All of them looked at each other and nodded.

She's right. Light will always win, they thought.

"So, this is what we're going to do. Surround the castle. The Shields and Spearmen will be in the front with Archer and the Lenox brothers. The Führer, will be placed in the back. Near the forest. Take down as many as you can while the Archers will be at the top." she said.

"What about Lilith, Your Majesty?" Trevor asked.

Everybody looked at her. Waiting for her response. "I'll take care of her." she said.

Trevor spoke again but was cut off by Charlotte. "But, Your Majesty–"

"This is my fight. I will not let her take my daughter away from me. I will not let her win." she firmly said. Trevor just nodded and decided to keep his mouth shut.

Charlotte leaned back to her seat and said, "Go now. Prepare the warriors and the armors. We have to keep moving."

The day came by so fast. It seems like yesterday when him and Mira were in the school. It seems like yesterday when he was trying to convince Mira to skip school so that they can have fun. And now, he'll do anything for it to happen once again.

All of them stood in a single line, stretched across the field. They stood about half a foot apart from each other, restless and nervous. The only sounds that could be heard were the howls of the wind and the rustling of leaves. The cold air touched their skin, making them uncomfortable. Everybody was paranoid. Everytime they would hear something, they would snap their eyes expecting the Dark Nephilims to come out.

Their heart was racing fast. Their eyes were open and alert. They stood straight but their knees are trembling. All of them kept staring at each other, silently wishing the others good luck.

Trevor took a deep breath before stepping forward and looked at them. "Warriors! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that I felt in my heart. A day may come when our courage, our walls will fail. When we forsake our friends and break all the bonds of friendships. But that is not today. Because this day we will fight! Fight for the ruin and the world's ending!"

All of them held their head high. Straighten their back and gripped their weapons. Trevor continued, "Now is the hour. Soldiers of the Florland, vows you have taken. Now, fulfill them. To Queen Charlotte and to our land!"