Chapter 1

Over 2400 years later

Rayden stood on his balcony overlooking the kingdom before him as the sun came down. He watched as the humans went inside and the vampire came out. 'Like clock work' he thought. The pick pockets were out and about doing whatever they pleased, they didn't really follow with the whole sun goes up, humans come out, sun goes down, vampires take their place. It wasn't like the sun burned them or anything, it's just they preferred the night over day. He himself didn't mind either sun or moon but enjoyed the in between sunrise and sunset. He was bored out of his mind.. But who could blame him, he was to be stuck in this castle as the younger prince doing nothing but the occasional paper work given to him by his father or older brother.

He gave a sigh and went back into his room as one of the servants hurried out from cleaning and prepping his bed. What happened next shocked him to his fangs when his father called him down. This was unusual. His father was one of business and formality while he was more for the peasant lifestyle as he thought they were lucky for their freedom.

"Rayden!" he called once more,

"This might be my chance to do something outside the castle" he said to Clark, his familiar.

Clark tilted his head before taking off from his post and landing on his shoulder. Clark was a handsome Harris hawk, the reddish brown of his wings and upper legs a little more red than the usual Harris hawk and his ember eyes seemed to glow when in the shadows.

Clark shook out his feathers before jumping into flight as Rayden himself ran after him. They ran down the staircase of brick trying not to crash into any servants that were cleaning. The paintings of past rulers blurring as he ran passed them. Once down he looked up to see his father standing there with his back to him. He gave another sigh. It's how he expressed his emotions in a way since he was sometimes known to be a little rude or careless when he spoke, so instead he sighed to avoid disrespecting others and getting in trouble with his father.

"You called"

Instead of answering he turned to the side and walked off. Clark flew down after him so he followed. Once he caught up Clark perched himself on his shoulder and they walked together through the halls of history as his brother called them. The walls painted with past wars with the demons before peace came. When he was little he didn't understand how a century long war could just end like that, but once they reached the end of the hall there was a painting of the princess they married off to the prince of demons claiming peace between them. And that's how the feral vampires came into existence. A cross breed between a vampire and demon that soon became a disgrace to both kingdoms in which they burned the princess and prince that created them in the first place. He frowned at the last painting that showed both the princess and prince kissing while the flames engulfed them. True love. A description was engraved in the gold frame.

They started a disgrace together and were given the chance to live if they would be-head them themselves as they refused to do so to their own children.

'So they paid with their lives' he thought to himself as he crashed into the back of his father. He had stopped knowing his son had drifted off in thought, but once his attention was back on him he continued to walk the halls of history as another story of paintings started when they turned a corner to another hall.

Rayden thought of the next story that started as a sequel to the one that ended before it. How the ferals ran kingdom to kingdom trying to find peace in which they never found until one day... they disappeared. They disappeared for 247 years before they were forced out of hiding when one of them was caught and threatened. To this day no one knows where they hid out of sight for so long. They had peace, and just like that they took it from them. There were 10 different halls of history and this one had one of the most famous of stories. Not out of admiration, but out of hate. If visitors from other kingdoms were to come they'd always ask to see this hall. The story of how Drita became one of the most wanted pick pockets in the kingdom.