Chapter 19

He smiled at her, making her freeze... Before running over to him in a blur and wrapping her arms around him in a death grip hug. He chuckled, hugging her back.

"It's been to long" she whispered, making him laugh.

"I litterally met up with you a couple months ago" he brought up, making her frown.

"Do you have any idea how much I worry about you. You have to live under the same roof as the vampire king, I now he's your father, but still" she said,

He smiled, pulling away to look down at her. He saw how worried she was, and the fact that she was in this place meant the others were in trouble.

"How've you been? You know, since this entire mission started" He asked,

She looked tired and stressed, a side only he and Furisha knew well these days. She looked up to him.

"Well, the fact that I've cried twice for the first time in 5 centuries since it started.. Not as easy going as I'd like it to be. To make matters worse I'm starting to think Zavier's catching on" she said, whispering the last part to herself.

He brought her back into the hug with a frown.

"I can see the toll it's taking on you. It's hard isn't it, having to keep such a secret"

She nodded

"Marcus.. I'm this close on snapping, and the fact that he keeps getting into trouble is not helping that fact. As we speak all of them are somewhere either safe or in danger and I have no way of knowing which it is. Anyways, why are you here?" she asked, looking up to his eyes.

"Hmmm, just on a mission to catch a genie. Just got sucked into a lamp while doing so, that's where we are right now. How you got in here I don't know" he said,

She nodded, putting her guard up and pulling herself together full on. She crossed her arms and turned her back to him.

"Then we'll help each other. We can do yours first, then get the others, we'll split before they see your here too, Rayden would probably have some questions" she planed, her voice hard as usual.

He nodded in agreement. They both started walking down the shaddowed plain.

"So, how's Artafa?" Drita asked, curious.

He shrugged

"Fine, but she misses you. Why haven't you come to visit?" he asked,

She frowned

"On my way back from the last visit Zavier confronted me about it. I didn't tell him anything, but he said he'd be keeping a better watch on me for now on, same reason I can't visit Vanslater's Village much anymore" she explained,

His eyes hardened

"So he's trying to keep you to himself now, isn't he. Cutting you off from the rest of us to keep you alone"

She looked down, her bangs covering her eyes.

"I'm used to it, and besides, after this I have only one more mission before me and my father are free" she mumbled,

He nodded, patting her on the back before bringing her to his side.

"I still say he's a jackass"

She nodded

"I agree"

"How much longer do you think it'll be" he asked,

She shrugged

"No clue, but I have a feeling it won't be for much longer" she sighed, before shaking herself out of it. "Now, why were you sent to capture a genie?"