Chapter 4

Drita laughed.

"I said I'd take you up on it when my hands aren't full. Who said they were empty yet?" she asked, crossing her arms as she continued to walk.

Ash growled, her eyes flashing red.

"And what else do you need to drop?"

Drita without answer turned serious and jumped into the trees, sprinting branch to branch to a destination only she knew. Rayden was left in outer confusion as he watched her run off. He looked up to Clark who nodded him to follow her, so he did. Him being a royal pure blood was way faster then her and easily caught up to her by ground.

"Where the hell are we going?"

She looked down to him.

"To empty my hands before I take down my aunt, then we'll be off on our merry way down the yellow brick road" she smiled, before turning serious again.

He rolled his eyes and continued to follow before stopping in his tracks when something hit him. 'Ash is here!' his mind screamed. Drita knew by the look on his face that the news of her aunt had finally hit him. She never slowed her pace though, and promised herself to take care of it when she was done, her task wouldn't take more then a minute anyway.

A couple minutes went by before she finally made it to her destination. The cries she had heard from her battle with Arlo came from two young boys -orphans it seemed- being chased by an angry store keeper. So without slowing down she ran, grabbing his apron and yanking the man to the side long enough for the two boys to escape. She let go of him as he looked up in frustrated anger.

"Now what wa-" "Here" she cut, holding out a couple silver coins.

He huffed as his anger resided and was replaced by confusion of why a random woman would pay for two thieves, 'But money's money'. He took it and walked off. She sent a smile in the direction the two boys ran, their scent revealing they were right behind the corner. She remembered when she was a simple child like them, stealing to survive since the villagers wouldn't except to see their faces anywhere near them and their precious food. She remembered when she got caught one time, and a boy saved her, paying for her food. She found it so kind that a total stranger would help her knowing what she was by her looks during her time of not having bounds to hide her true form. The only boy besides her father and Marco to show any kindness to her.... Rayden.

Snapped from her thoughts from an angered growl she gave one of her own. Her growl coming from the fact she was snapped from happy memories only to fight her aunt. The two boys still hiding behind the corner shook in fear as they saw what looked like a female demon seeing her red eyes. Drita caught on to the scent of their fear and frowned. She didn't want them to be caught in something that could quickly get bloody. She knew by the slight look she got before they hid that they were still innocent, she didn't want to change that with blood. So she changed her angered growl into one of a protective nature.

Rayden still standing where he was when he realised her aunt was here shook from his thoughts and ran to where he saw her go getting there in seconds only to find Ash and Drita growling at each other. He decided to stay back from experience, he knew Drita thought it her fight and hers alone when it came to her aunt and he'd respect that. But then, her growl changed and sounded more protective then angry and feral. He got confused, and by the looks of it, so was Ash. Just then, he caught sight of two kids.. 'boys' he thought to himself. He understood now and quickly sped in, grabbing the two and speeding off a distance before setting them down.

"You two stay here, ok. I'll be back" he said, as they nodded, still shaking a little.

He ran back and was quickly given a thankful glance from Drita who quickly turned back to her aunt and lunged. Her aunts eyes flashed before she shifted into her true form. It was an ability all demons had, to hide their true forms with jewelry or sometimes seal it with a trigger word or emotion like fear. Ferals got the same ability from their demon side but are different. Like Drita, all ferals are born with black intricate tattoos on their forearms that when covered by cloth hide their true form and keep their beasts down. And with that he started thinking of how different they were to both the vampires and demons even though they were created from the two.