Chapter 3

There they stood. Both facing each other. One more determined then the other. Before Drita started laughing as she caught his stare on her blade the entire time. Wahshi as Drita's father named it, was a magnificent looking sword that he forged for her. Though the wakizashi sword is traditionally a companion sword to the katana and was mostly used for indoor or close combat, Drita always loved the ones her father made. Ever since she was a child she loved playing and fighting with different blades, anything from a shuriken, knife, to a sword. Her mother always said she got it from her father who was a bladesmith. Her father one day decided to make her a blade to protect herself for her birthday. He knew for a fact that she'd be hunted when she was older, so he payed more attention to her, and saw her interest in the wakizashi's he'd make. So he forged one as a gift. The blade was made of dark steel and was about 24 inches long. The wooden hilt was covered in black leather that faded into white. There were eight holes on each side of the hilt, making sixteen in total in which a cerulean ribbon braided though them. At the end he tied a feather from her mothers familiar which was a white raven.

This sword meant a lot to her.. and she knew all its secrets as it did hers. She wasn't going to let some cocky vamp take it from her.

"You're in this for the blade, not to help Dan get his payback. Well there's no way in hell you're getting it" she said, putting it in it's sheath.

Rayden was both shocked and happy to see she hadn't taken off Clarks feather that was tied right beside her mothers familiars. He smiled. She kept it unbloodied and uncut.

Arlo growled, his eyes growing green before glowing. Drita froze.

"You're no pure blood, you have some earth witch or warlock blood in you" she said, with a light glare..

He shook his head smirking.

"Deer mother was an earth witch that came to help with the royal doctors and my father was one of the guards. I am a pure breed, but I did get my mothers powers. They come from my soul instead of a familiar" he explained, still looking at Wahshi's handle.

She growled

"If you think just because you have control over the earth around me that you have more of a chance you're wrong" she said, grabbing one of her shuriken blades.

He smirked before flinging his wrist in which she whipped her blade in the vines direction cutting it in half before it could even move.

"You see, I've done my research on you and your blade. I know you love running through the trees more then on the ground. I know your blade has some kind of power that you only reveal once before you run away. I know you have instincts that can beat most. And I know once you make a promise you'll never break it. And if I have it right, you promised to bring brownie over here to the ferals treasure" he said, causing a shiver to go down her spine.

'Something's not right' she thought to herself as she felt his magic surrounding her and her only. She closed her eyes and raised her nose to the sky taking in a whiff. 'This guy has no intention on playing fair.. does he'. Then, her eyes clouded over before an image of Zavier appeared. 'Furisha' she realized before focusing on their connection. He was watching us with a smirk. He looked over to Rayden who was watching us too. Then she noticed one of Arlo's vines coming from behind him.

She went to run at the wall but was immediately thrown back into another invisible wall.

"Uhhhhh, you little-" "now now, no swearing in front of the boss" he smiled,

She growled even more. She'd deny it if someone said so, but she was really easy to frustrate and anger. And right now she was about to pop her top. She brought out her claws before jumping at it again only to be thrown back. She growled to herself.